Thread: Bore and Stoke of the HW99S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Exactly. Always room for improvement. Isn't the current trick to make it a long stoke with a narrow bore? Can your B-cock be converted to 22mm with long travel? It's just glueing a piece of pipe inside and sticking an HW45 piston in it or summink?
    I'm sure someone clever with a lathe can make up a piston pretty easily as there's no centre rod to worry about but is it worth all the expense and aggro.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'm sure someone clever with a lathe can make up a piston pretty easily as there's no centre rod to worry about but is it worth all the expense and aggro.

Pete
    No I don't think so. Just do an old-school tune on it, make sure the guides fit and just enjoy shooting it. If you want a supertuned springer, then just get the ProSport out of the cupboard, thats one of the best springers for performance that I have shot.

If you want to tinker, then get an old BSA Cadet Major or summink.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    No I don't think so. Just do an old-school tune on it, make sure the guides fit and just enjoy shooting it. If you want a supertuned springer, then just get the ProSport out of the cupboard, thats one of the best springers for performance that I have shot.
    My thoughts exactly, I'm just waiting for the new piston seal to turn up from Oz and then I'll strip it down again and take the short stroke head off and revert it back to original but with better guides and seal.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

My vintage HW50 .177 (1975) shows 25 mm and 65 mm stroke with a new type synthetic seal on the adapter.
    Wearing the original leather seal stroke gets longer by about 1,5 to 2,0 mm.

All the newer types HW50 /50s I fettled showed 26 mm and a stroke of 70 mm though literature tells 72 mm.
    Maybe my fault while taking measure.

To my knowledge basically a HW99s (Beeman/USA and HW sold in British market) are identical with the HW50s.