Thread: Which is the Best Webley Overlever Pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The nicest for pure plinking pleasure are the tin grip and early post war Juniors.Lovely build quality and accurate in a compact and easy to cock package.

The Junior's are my favourite over lever Webley pistols the MK2 can be ignored,though.

The larger slant grip post war Senior with a good trigger is probably my second favourite followed by the blued steel Premier's.The MK2 Premier can also be ignored.

I had a Tempest,they are a very functional pistol with a great trigger,but total carp build quality,monkey metal casting, plastic and roll pins!

ATB.

What is rge best Webley Overlever pistol

For me, the best one is the New Model, dating from the thirties - it sits beautifully in the hand, and has no real faults that I can think of. I suppose that subsequent changes simply streamline production, or added a bit of bling. My example is No. S 7920, and although rather battered, it remains my favourite!

John

Take Your Pick

In response to the OP, there are a variety of 'best' qualities to choose from:

- Rare Collectable; Straight Grip Pre War Senior/Stoeger Pre War Senior
    - Popular Collectable; Post War Slant Grip Senior/Pre-war Slant Grip Senior
    - Evolved Collectable; Premier Mk 1
    - Compact Collectable; Junior Mk 1
    - Function/ergonomics; Tempest
    - Accuracy; Nemessis

Probably more answers to follow.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Premier mk2 for me was the best but then again their is the Turkish tempest rubbish

Dave.

I have a slant grip mk1 .177 with hand made wood grips in a target fashion ....and a made thumb opening lever think it was someone's target pistol years ago shoots spot on......but will agree post war senior the best
    Last edited by smallholder1; 05-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    The nicest for pure plinking pleasure are the tin grip and early post war Juniors.Lovely build quality and accurate in a compact and easy to cock package.

The Junior's are my favourite over lever Webley pistols the MK2 can be ignored,though.

The larger slant grip post war Senior with a good trigger is probably my second favourite followed by the blued steel Premier's.The MK2 Premier can also be ignored.

I had a Tempest,they are a very functional pistol with a great trigger,but total carp build quality,monkey metal casting, plastic and roll pins!

ATB.
    Gets my vote for best analysis....