Thread: Why Did Theoben Rapids Stop Being Made

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Why Did Theoben Rapids Stop Being Made

Is it because the Queen Theoben stopped laying or did the hive get taken over by wasps?

Isn't it supposed to be one of the Best gunz?

Well I've read several versions of what happened, & there might well be versions I haven't yet seen.

But based on what has happened since I personally believe the version where a USA off shoot was set up with finance taken out using Theoben (UK) as collateral.
    As a business financial model it was seen that it would be economically better to let Theoben (UK) go bankrupt under the debt & start fresh in the USA as a new company (free of the debt) making basically identical rifles, able to be sold in the huge US market as US built products, rather than as expensive imports.

The name Theoben is now under control of Airforce airguns in the US who are supposedly making new Theoben rifles again.

Not sure which models though .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ucU9vegk8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnZNVMWFO8

secretagentmole Guest

They never stopped making them!

Rapid Air Weapons....

https://www.tawnadoairguns.com/rapid...air_rifles.php

The HM1000....

What i can't understand about theoben is why did they include a quick fill and gauge after the mk1 i really loved my rapid but hated removing the bottle and not knowing how many shots I had left in the sweet spot of the unregulated mk1 👎 and worried about it if had leaked between uses so always removing that bloody bottle on the other hand thing I do feel theoben
    Was great for their mounting system can't for the life of me understand why other companies never jumped on it never once did I worry about my zero shifting and that one piece block that was built to last a life time great in so many areas poor in others but seemed to reject change

You can pretty much work out what happened by looking on the Companies House website. It appears that Martin Rutterford won't be able to run any companies over here again!

Rapids are now pretty much as good as they get and in my view better than the majority of hunting guns currently available on the market. Support is better than it's ever been with improvements made by the likes of Kev G and Bucket Boy, with many others who can service the guns. Parts are universally available and interchangeable.

As for the RAW guns, there's very little difference between them and the last Rapids or even the Impact guns with the exception of the side lever. I've head it said the finish is not as good and to confirm this I nearly bought one but the finish on the block had come off in a couple of places. I'm also advised the silencers perform poorly and personally I don't like the carbon sleeve on the barrel. Other than that I've often had a temptation for one with a laminate stock and carbon bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    What i can't understand about theoben is why did they include a quick fill and gauge after the mk1 i really loved my rapid but hated removing the bottle and not knowing how many shots I had left in the sweet spot of the unregulated mk1 👎
    A few reasons.

Cost.
    Unlike a lot of guns that come with q/f, shot count is high so doesn’t really need to have one.
    Taking two or three spare buddy bottles with you for an extended hunting trip is easier than taking a charging kit
    Some people don’t have charging kit and just fill the bottles for a couple of quid at the local gun shop.
    The only realistic place to fit a q/f and gauge on a rapid is between the bottle and block, the possibility of leaks increase and it requires the stock to be modified.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The name Theoben is now under control of Airforce airguns in the US who are supposedly making new Theoben rifles again.

Not sure which models though .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ucU9vegk8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnZNVMWFO8
    Seems the modern way nowadays, Brand by name
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.