Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lgv

Lgv

Hi just hoping you folks might help i am looking to see if i can get a Walther LGV but the only one near by is a new one set to 6ftlbs for bell target shooting, so i am thinking the only thing needed is an export spring as i think this is a rifle for the German market. Or if i do so would be braking the law by changing a rifle designed for 6ftlbs to near 12ftlbs , Any thoughts would be most welcome Thank you all the best Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi just hoping you folks might help i am looking to see if i can get a Walther LGV but the only one near by is a new one set to 6ftlbs for bell target shooting, so i am thinking the only thing needed is an export spring as i think this is a rifle for the German market. Or if i do so would be braking the law by changing a rifle designed for 6ftlbs to near 12ftlbs , Any thoughts would be most welcome Thank you all the best Graham.
    Just fit a standard UK spring and as long as its under 12 ft.lb. there is no problem.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    You can change anything on a rifle as long as the 12ftlb rule is not broken.

Do you drive?

Looks like BAR have them in stock for £349.
    Master Debater

You can fit a different spring and bring the power up to no more than 12 foot pounds of muzzle energy.12ftlbs being the current maximum in England for an air rifle and 6ftlbs for an air pistol without the need for a firearms certificate.

12ftlbs cannot be exceeded by a pellet of any weight,by the way!

ATB.
    Last edited by mrto; 31-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Even a new UK LGV can be down at 10 ft lb. These can be a very accurate springer.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 31-05-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi thanks chaps i just wondered with it being designed as 6 for the German market a bit like taking a 6ftlbs pistol putting a stock on and bigger barrel and upping to 12ftlbs is illegal. Graham.

I have a feeling the 6ftlb version has a slightly different piston???? But I could be going mad.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I have a feeling the 6ftlb version has a slightly different piston???? But I could be going mad.
    Yes, the LGV Kurtz piston. Oh, no, thats just ME going mad.

It just needs the UK spring in it and all will be well. They got to 14 fpe if you stick a full-power USA spring in them.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Yes, the LGV Kurtz piston. Oh, no, thats just ME going mad.

Nope, don't think you're going mad, Al.

If I remember correctly, the rifles for the 6ft.lbs market do indeed have a different piston. Longer rod, methinks, to shorten the stroke.

A few years ago when a fair few people were buying them from Germany as the pricing / exchange rate was more advantageous, many bought the 6ft.lbs home market guns and then the service kit (which included the piston for 12ft.lbs spec).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The LGU had a shorter stroke piston for 6 FP.
    The LGV I'm not so sure...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The LGV 7.5J piston rod is 18mm longer - I have one here

So without having to buy an export piston and spring set from Germany then its really a non starter As below:-

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/25698

All the best Graham.

Older LGV????

Just on another note while looking on the above sit i have come across this:-

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...h/40_1678_1693

Can any one enlighten me is it an earlier LGV with lower power and open sites or what.Graham

These are the original LGV Match target rifles & are around 6ft/lb.

The service kit is worth getting if you get the sub 12 rifle or the UK version.

Which LGV are you looking at ? the LGV Comp Ultra is discontinued I believe & the Master Pro is now the top of the line up.

Hi again yes i would love to have a competition ultra but as you say they only do the one now, it looks like something is afoot i know that Sheffield air rifles will not be stocking Walther due to them not being with armex anymore. So it looks like getting a new Walther is going to get harder. I have been keeping an eye on second hand but they all seem to be down south for some reason or other. All the best Graham.