Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Did Theoben Rapids Stop Being Made

Many thanks for your reply

It never stopped being made, Rapid Air Weapons of USA kept on making them but now they have been aquired by some other US gun maker.

A.G

While we're here, does anyone know why the rapid7ownersclub is 'disabled'? I hadn't logged on to it for a while so hadn't heard if there were any problems. A search here didn't turn up anything so I'm askin'......

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The name Theoben is now under control of Airforce airguns in the US who are supposedly making new Theoben rifles again.

Not sure which models though .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ucU9vegk8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnZNVMWFO8
    Seems the modern way nowadays, Brand by name
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    While we're here, does anyone know why the rapid7ownersclub is 'disabled'? I hadn't logged on to it for a while so hadn't heard if there were any problems. A search here didn't turn up anything so I'm askin'......
    There's a thread open about it, (R7OC down) it was meant to be an upgrade but it's all gone tit's up & a lot has been lost.
    Last edited by angrybear; 02-06-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks. Now read so I'll just keep an intermittent eye on it. My MFR's leaking so I need to book it in with KevG..... I expect he's happy with the peace and quiet.

As much as I now prefer modern PCP's I don't think anything will ever re-create the emotion I felt when I handled my first Rapid in the mid 90's (Stuart Clay traps Woodbridge).

I just had to have it, even though I am left handed I still put up with a RH stock as I remember.

I got the Rapid after a few years break and selling all my HW's, the R7 seemed almost futuristic in fact I had no real idea how to even use it, especially the mag, first time I filled the barrel up with lead thinking the gun was a dud, because it was so quiet and didn't move when you fired it!

Sadly it was traded for my first .22RF!

Thanks. Now read so I'll just keep an intermittent eye on it. My MFR's leaking so I need to book it in with KevG..... I expect he's happy with the peace and quiet.
    Check the tiny breather hole on the regulator/bottle adaptor with a bit of soapy water & a small paintbrush.

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    no chance of peace m8.send me a pm on here if you need me
    don't go on the rapid forum that much.plus pm.s are not working on my account on there.
    kevG