Thread: Not buying something trauma.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    do I need counselling
    Sorry Pete, yes
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I have now reached that age when any delay / dithering over 'do I really want it' is counteracted by the realisation that I had better get it now so that I have a reasonable time left to enjoy it .....
    Cheers, Phil

Been there done that

A couple of month ago I spotted a regal on Gun Trader that had the most amazing wood on it easy more the grade 3. I feel in love with it straight away. I even went up north to the shop that was selling it. I felt like a proper baby when I was stroking the wood. I told the shop I’d think about it over night and I’d get back to them in the morning. I booked into a B&B and had the shall I or shall I not buy it.Now normally I’d not say any thing to the wife at all but and it’s a big but I would have to use the plastic which I never normally do so I phoned her after a hour or so I gave up and told her to ram it and I’d buy it in the morning.

The shop opens dead on 0900 hrs and the deal was done or so I thought when the plastic went in to the machine I got a BFO tried again and the same thing happened. Phoned the wife to be told I’d taken an old plastic card and not the new one.

So jumps in the car for the long drive home after getting the shop owner to promise not to sell it.
    Back up north the next day only to find that one of the part time staff had not seen the note in his account book not to sell it.

Totally gutted and went on a stock buying binge.