Thread: Not buying something trauma.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Not buying something trauma.

Hi all,

Has anyone ever seen an item for sale on here when it's just been posted for sale and you've been the first person to view it but then stupidly talked yourself out of buying it saying "do I really need another scope" or words to that effect but everytime you click back on the sales threads it's still there for sale goading you as no one else has bought it yet, then you finally decide you will have it and it's been snapped up minutes before

I did that recently when I saw a Bushnell Legend scope on here, I was traumatised for days and then went on you evilbay and started bidding on scopes that I didn't need and would be as good, just to compensate for my loss

do I need counselling

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

1) Yes

2) No, this is normality within the shooting world

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

And I thought it was just me ! Thankyou for sharing .lol

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    And I thought it was just me ! Thankyou for sharing .lol
    The only reason I say it, is because I have an older Bushnell Legend (when they were really good) on my Prosport and love it, so when I saw another older one for sale and I was the first person to see it I was estatice but I already have a pile of spare scopes waiting for rifles and thought I don't really need it, as soon as it had sold I didn't know what to do and went on a buying rampage for some reason, I now have an even bigger pile, I think I need to have a clear out soon and move a few on, the trouble is I keep checking the scopes sales area in the hope another one pops up for sale or the one I should have bought gets put back up for sale.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Buying

Did the same, kept coming back to a cricket on free adds, agonized over the high price for weeks, then finally cracked and found it has been sold weeks ago!! Just got a vulcan great rifle but still got the cricket itch dam it.
    mk2 rapid.22

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by adiepie View Post

1) Yes

2) No, this is normality within the shooting world.
    As above. Been there, seen it, done it, but didn’t buy the T-shirt, as while wondering if I should, someone beat me to it !!!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    do I need counselling
    Sorry Pete, yes
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I have now reached that age when any delay / dithering over 'do I really want it' is counteracted by the realisation that I had better get it now so that I have a reasonable time left to enjoy it .....
    Cheers, Phil

Been there done that

A couple of month ago I spotted a regal on Gun Trader that had the most amazing wood on it easy more the grade 3. I feel in love with it straight away. I even went up north to the shop that was selling it. I felt like a proper baby when I was stroking the wood. I told the shop I’d think about it over night and I’d get back to them in the morning. I booked into a B&B and had the shall I or shall I not buy it.Now normally I’d not say any thing to the wife at all but and it’s a big but I would have to use the plastic which I never normally do so I phoned her after a hour or so I gave up and told her to ram it and I’d buy it in the morning.

The shop opens dead on 0900 hrs and the deal was done or so I thought when the plastic went in to the machine I got a BFO tried again and the same thing happened. Phoned the wife to be told I’d taken an old plastic card and not the new one.

So jumps in the car for the long drive home after getting the shop owner to promise not to sell it.
    Back up north the next day only to find that one of the part time staff had not seen the note in his account book not to sell it.

Totally gutted and went on a stock buying binge.