Thread: Monkey Metal value

Monkey Metal value

Smith and Wesson 78G in box with handbook and original receipt purchased 30th March 1971 for $35 from Darken's Sports. Holds gas forever, over 5ft lb on a warm day, almost in the condition when purchased. Better to shoot than its daddy the model 41 I used to have. Any advice on current value please ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Wow that looks like a really nice air pistol! Never seen one before. I just had a quick search on google and there is a 79G on the US E bay and they are asking $150 starting bid (complete in box as well).

Another look I found a BBS thread where someone sold a 79G for £200 back in 2012. So around that area I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Wow that looks like a really nice air pistol! Never seen one before. I just had a quick search on google and there is a 79G on the US E bay and they are asking $150 starting bid (complete in box as well).

Another look I found a BBS thread where someone sold a 79G for £200 back in 2012. So around that area I guess.
    Yes, was thinking £180, would probably be some resistance at £200.

Thanks, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

boxed I think worth over two maybe £220 -240 but all depends if anyone wants one they're quite a nice pistol to shoot

I would estimate at least £200 for a boxed example of one of these excellent pistols, but you might want consider £180 for a quick private sale.

Regards
    Brian

£200 - £220, 79G (.177) seems to be more sought after but the 78G (.22) is in my opinion the better one to actually shoot, Early models also had an adjustable trigger. Nice classic pistol to own and shoot,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more