Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best sound moderator

HW or Twink, I prefer the Twink myself.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    My bog standard Air Arms S200 one gets a lot of comments about how quiet it is...

Hw or hugget sub 12 for me.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

every gun is different as are mods, you get a different sound from each..a play on perception.... but overall the reduction appears to be the same +/- a few deciels.
    I'd say that the HW is decent enough but not as quiet as am A&M Marksman, volume plays its part as does the materials.
    Found its as much trial and error as it is brand.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    My bog standard Air Arms S200 one gets a lot of comments about how quiet it is...
    My S200 with standard AA mod is super quiet to, but it is the older mod without the rings. The older mods have different internals and imo much better than the new ones, except of course the rather expensive Q-Tec.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

have a huggett magna on mine mouse fart quiet

Hugget on the AirWolf, very quiet. Pellet strike loudest noise. Hugget also beautifully made.
    Hawke Tac 30 4.5-14 * 42mm ~ Harris 9-13" Swivel non notched bipod ~ Hawke LRF 600 - Tracer 400 Tactical ~ Nitesite Viper ~ Daystate Airwolf .177 ~ Sportsmatch mounts ~ Hugget Shroud + Belita Moderator ~ Aim Drag Bag

Quote Originally Posted by nrj. View Post
    I've got an Air Arms Q Tec on my .177 S400 and a Wiehrauch on my .22 HW100,I can't tell the difference between them,both uber quiet.
    I have the qtec and hw. Hw is far better. Disappointed with the qtec

How are about as good as it gets for the size and price but each gun is slightly different so what might be very good on one gun may only be average on another.

Also, playing around with baffle spacing can make a big difference.

Using a sound meter can give confusing results because some frequencies are not within our audible range. So a mod that sounds louder to our ears may actually be quieter that one that sounds near silent.

In truth there is not much between any of the top spec dedicated airgun mods (don’t bother. With any that are designed for a rimmy) because no matter how quiet they are there is little that can be done to make the action of the gun quieter and nothing to stop the howl of the pellet on route to target.

Bb