Thread: daystate tsar

daystate tsar

thinking of one whats the general oppinion from all you knowlegeable shooter is it worth it what is better if any ect ect
    whale oil beef hooked

for target comps or hunting ??????

for target comps or hunting ?????? if your into match competitions there are better and cheaper rifles

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    for target comps or hunting ??????
    both... going to use for general shooting
    whale oil beef hooked

hello, ok depending on calibre although most use 177 rabbit, AA 410/ 510, BSA R10 ULTRA/ SCORPIAN/ WEBLEY/ HW/ FX/ AND MORE, go to a decent air rifle shop and test a few out, then you need a pump or bottle

hello, ok depending on calibre although most use 177 rabbit, AA 410/ 510, BSA R10 ULTRA/ SCORPIAN/ WEBLEY/ HW/ FX/ AND MORE, go to a decent air rifle shop and test a few out, then you need a pump or bottle
    already own 3 bottles 2 x 3 lit 1 x 12 lit....2 crickets a wolverine a bobcat a hw 100 in 20 a goldster se a ultra multi a ultra xl a verminater a hw 80 a diana mauser a hw 57 a webley raider <chromed>. a daystate x2 .and a few more ..looking for a special something ie tsar
    whale oil beef hooked

Try the Anschutz 9015, I think that will change your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray1Mark View Post
    Try the Anschutz 9015, I think that will change your mind!
    very nice but WAY out of my price range can have the tsar for 1250
    whale oil beef hooked

We have a few Tsars in the club; the bench rester is probably our best BR shot and his rifle is way better for BR than anything I have shot, including several AA rifles, an Airwolf, and a Hammerli.

A couple are in use for FT, and nice they are too. I handled a Tsar today, a left hander as befits us super chaps, and the big "missing" for me was the absence of a convenient thumb up position, almost making you put your hand around the grip. Some people can get away with this but for accuracy I always encourage a thumb up position. It seems most odd that this wasn't included in what is otherwise a very elegant stock.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

for target comps or hunting ?????? if your into match competitions there are better and cheaper rifles
    Looking forward to you backing this statement up

How long have you owned it?

The early models had different trigger sears to the current model. Anything after around serial number 308xxx should have the new sears, it will have a nice light first stage if it has the new ones.

Some of them are very pellet fussy, some not. Some were assembled with a part missing.. allegedly, this story changes from time to time, but there should be a transfer port restrictor fitted (like the Steyr), with this in place the velocity is very stable, with it missing the velocity can jump up in hot weather, Daystate know how to fix that issue.

If you can try the one that is for sale, give it a go and see what you think.

My 9015 Club cost £1550, converted, so not that much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeyman View Post
    very nice but WAY out of my price range can have the tsar for 1250
    Only if you are looking at the ONE Model, if you are happy with the club stock which has same action as the one model then you can pick one up for £1400- new, plus the cost of converting it to 12FT which is 2-300 tops.

5 came to the club and tried my 9015 the other night and all left marvelled at the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by artfull-bodger View Post
    looking forward to you backing this statement up

How long have you owned it?
    owned what ab?????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeyman View Post
    thinking of one whats the general oppinion from all you knowlegeable shooter is it worth it what is better if any ect ect
    Did you ever get Tsar?