Thread: Airforce One Chrono Software Problem

Airforce One Chrono Software Problem

I have recently bought an Airforce One "Ballistically Brilliant Chronograph" and to date I'm pleased with it.

However the data recording software download (V1.34) from the manufacturer's (Listone) website seems to have a bug, in that the chrono outputs velocity in FPS but the software reads it as metres per second (MPS), thus the muzzle energy readings are incorrect. The recorded data can be saved to an spreadsheet.

I e-mailed Listone a few weeks ago but no reply. I can't find anything on facebook chrono group, google search, etc. either.

The uncompressed software file folder includes a configuration settings file that seems to contain variables (STAR=n near the end) , but i couldn't relate any of these to metric/imperial conversion factors. I've replicated the file below.

[Language]
    msgExcelErr=Excel is not installed on this computer, unable to export data.
    msgTemplateErr=Template file does not exist, unable to export data..
    msgExportOk=Export data has been completed.
    msg99=You have tested 99 data, the new test before, please save or empty data.
    msgNoPort=Serial port does not exist!
    msgPortOpened=Serial port is already open!
    msgOther=Other errors!
    msgChnItem=The test item has changed, do you want to save the data before?
    msgTitle=Shooting Chronograph Test Data Collector
    msgSave=Save Data¡¡
    TestInfo1=Testing Muzzle velocity:-------------------£¾
    TestInfo2=Testing Firing speed:--£¾£¾£¾--£¾£¾£¾--£¾£¾£¾
    sDate=Date:
    sTitle=L1000 Shooting Chronograph Test Data Collector V1.3
    Avg.=Avg.
    SpreadLb=Spread.
    StdDevLb=StdDev.
    Max.=Max.
    Min.=Min.
    Num.=Num.
    Err.=Err.
    RSD.=RSD.
    RSD Rating=RSD Rating
    Save=Save
    Clear=Clear
    Set=Set
    OpenPort=OpenPort
    ClosePort=ClosePort
    Port=Port
    Company=E-mail: info@taiwan-airgun.com Listone Industry Co. 2015
    No.=No.
    Data.=Data
    Temp=Temperature
    Rh=Humidity
    Note=Note
    MV=Muzzle velocity
    FS=Firing speed
    KE=Kinetic energy
    KEA=Kinetic energy area
    Metric=Metric
    Lmperial=Lmperial
    Weight=Weight
    Bullet calibre=Bullet calibre
    [Set]
    weight=0.6
    Bullet calibre=4.5
    [Star]
    Star5=0.025
    Star4=0.05
    Star3=0.075
    Star2=0.1
    flagStar1=¡¹
    flagStar2=¡¸

Are there any software savvy bbs members who understand this code, and could possibly suggest what I could alter to fix the bug? Any other suggestions or experiance with this chrono software would be welcome. The chrono seems a nice bit of kit and it's a pity not to be able to realise its full potential.

Best Regards,
    Bill.
    Last edited by billsnibby; 27-05-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo

I would suggest that there will be a selector somewhere, maybe in in the software tools, to select either metric or imperial & that you currently have it set metric.
    surely there's a help section or instruction leaflet as part of it.

Thanks for the response.

Yes there is a selector to allow input of weights and calibre but the problem still occurs (energy shown far above actual in either imperial or metric). As the data captured by the software can be input to excel I'm thinking of trying to write an excel macro as a work-around. There is an instruction leaflet with the chrono but nothing for the software.

Best Regards
    Bill.
    Last edited by billsnibby; 27-05-2018 at 04:43 PM. Reason: completeness

would be intrested in the outcome as i'm having same trouble .
    thanks john

Surely there must be an option in the preferences to set the flag.

A.G

Hi,

Yes there is a selector to allow input of weights and calibre but the problem still occurs (energy shown far above actual in either imperial or metric).
    I don't have sufficient knowledge to identify a flag by looking at the code in reproduced in the first post, or even what software language it is!

John (Tigertrout) seems to be having the same problem; has anyone got this software to correctly show energy values?

Best Regards,
    Bill.

I note that you give the software manufacturer as "listone" is that from the factory ?

I ask as I've just watched a review on youtube that gives the download address as taiwan-airguns.com.

Looks damn fiddly to set-up on the review & they don't mention being able to change from metric to imperial, so I'm wondering if they are pre set as to which & maybe there is specific software for each.

If you have to chose metric/imperial via the software do you have to input the pellet weight manually or does it auto change from gn to g ?

Another thing it shows is erroneous high readings if the muzzle is too close to the sensors.

Hi,

taiwan-airguns.com is a Listone Industries product web page. Incidentally they appear to have a few interesting rifles as well as the chrono.

Yes, you're right; it was a bit of a faff to install the software. In case it might help others, the key things that helped me install it sucessfully were:

(i) download a free application (I used 7-zip) to decompress the downloaded ".rar" files.
    (ii) download and install the driver first.
    (iii) first run the application by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator".
    (iv) See which COM port is used by the chrono in "settings" and select this port in the software.

(I acknowledge this may be IT common sense to most...)

The entered pellet weight changes automatically. I have made an alignment jig and keep the muzzle 6" from the front of the chrono (and a 3mm Lexan front shield...).

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Best Regards,
    Bill.
    Last edited by billsnibby; 29-05-2018 at 02:41 PM.

That chrono looks very similar to the Emersongear E9700 that’s sold on the Chinese sites, might be worthwhile hitting their site.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

If you've got the output data in an Excel spreadsheet and it's giving you a power level too low as it's using metres per second rather than feet per second for the calculation, then just multiply the given power by 3.281 squared and you'll have it as correct ft.lb.

Much easier than faffing around with the input data.

Let Excel do the work.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

One step back...

Following a Windows 10 update, the chrono now won't connect to the PC at all because of a "driver error".

Updated the driver from the prolific.com website (manufacturer of serial comms chip used in the chrono) but despite it being Windows 10 certified still no-go.

Ho-Hum.

Quote Originally Posted by billsnibby View Post
    Following a Windows 10 update, the chrono now won't connect to the PC at all because of a "driver error".

Updated the driver from the prolific.com website (manufacturer of serial comms chip used in the chrono) but despite it being Windows 10 certified still no-go.

Ho-Hum.
    Try deleying all the drivers for that serial chipset, reboot then try installing the latest one again
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Hi Martyn,

thanks for that; I did check the events tab in device management and it did show the deletion of the previous driver and installation of the new one. However I'll try deleting and reinstalling as you suggest.

Thanks,
    Bill.

Some progress ?!

I recently bought a Listone chrony.
    The company does not reply to email.
    I found thread member Bill so kind to email me the drivers and the software.

Here is the method that worked for me (velocity measurements):
    I followed Bill's instructions from his 2018 may 29th post:
    -Install the driver (I'm using a win 7 machine)
    -Restart computer
    -Connect the device
    -Open the application (first time as administrator)
    -Select the correct COM port ("led"in software window goes green)

Then additionally:
    -Push the “light” button on the Listone to burst the data to the Main software !

You can save the data to an Excel file where you "imperial" guys can do the magic for converting the metric data.

Unfortunately temperature and humidity are not transferred from device to software.
    Transfer of more then 99 shots seem to result in a error message and shuts down the software.
    Switching off the device deletes all data in the device.

Hope this might be of some help ?

Greetz ,
    Peter