Thread: Mystery Piston

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Mystery Piston

Will post a pic later, but who knows what a piston that latches on the bottom of the rear of the piston like a BSA Meteor, has a 28mm diameter and has some kind of plastic seal that fits into the top of the piston like on a FWB Sport is? The piston is seal-less but that is clearly how it fits on. Its quite heavy, I got it with an HW85 piston which is easily identifiable by the cut-out for the scope ramp.

Supersport/Lightning, Alistair.

All the best Mick

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Supersport/Lightning, Alistair.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, checked on Chambers and that's the one. BSA like a heavy piston, don't they?

Yep.

And, I must say, I was most pleasantly surprised at how well made they are when I worked on mine recently. Far better than the Meteor and Mercury ones that I remember years ago.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep.

And, I must say, I was most pleasantly surprised at how well made they are when I worked on mine recently. Far better than the Meteor and Mercury ones that I remember years ago.
    In terms of actual results the 'let's make this as cheap as possible, like a Sten gun!' Meteor is a spectacular win. But the piston is VERY ugly and horrible to behold. Respect to their 'sheet-steel into perfect roundness' skills though.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Sorry to chuck ye olde spanner in thou works but I thought the Supersport piston was 29mm, not that it matters in this case as I don't think Alistair has anything to put it in and only wants an I.D.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Any of the Webleys?