Thread: The best

The best

Guys and girls, in terms of power and accuracy, which do you think is the best blowback pistol currently on the market in the UK. If I'm going to buy a new blowback pistol, I'd like the best one I can afford. Thanks everyone
    Nec aspera terrent

HW77k, Dan Wesson 6mm, baikal makerov MP645k

I think you are asking the wrong question.

The most powerful blowback pistol is probably the Gamo PT-85 Tactical. It gains that power thanks to a barrel that is around ten inches long, covered by a fake suppressor. It's hardly handy. I'm not sure it's terribly accurate, but don't have relevant experience (except with the non-blowback standard-size PT80, which is ho-hum in the accuracy dept).

The most accurate and powerful blowback pistol I can think of apart from the PT-85T is the Umarex Desert Eagle. But the Umarex Desert Eagle is expensive, and plasticky. It is, like the real thing, huge, unwieldy, noisy and generally silly.

And they are both pellet firers.

Others will know better than I, but I suspect if you asked "which is the nicest blowback BB pistol?" the answer would be some variant of CZ75 or 1911 copy.

And if you asked, "which is the best CO2 repeater?", the answers would include the Crosman 600, Drulov, and Umarex CP88 and S&W 5/686.

Best ?

It's not about power with blowback pistols - accuracy is what you want and many pistols aren't that good in this department.

However they are great fun and fine for competitions like the Umarex Boys Club ones. http://ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/Det...yhoundJune2018

I use a RAC 1911. No frills, basic (very) non adjustable sights and not silly money to buy.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

It's about neither!

Blowbacks are all about fun. SAFE fun.

Slapping home the mag' and double tapping, enjoying the muzzle blast and kick as the slide shuttles.
    I have a Sig P320 with a laser sight. As long as I can get my shots in the black of a PL12 target at 10m, I'm happy.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

I get it, thanks for the education guys.
    Nec aspera terrent

HW77k, Dan Wesson 6mm, baikal makerov MP645k

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    The Tanfoglio Witness is an affordable, reasonably accurate, blow back pistol, the Colt 1911 Rail Gun is another option.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Gray2267 View Post
    Guys and girls, in terms of power and accuracy, which do you think is the best blowback pistol currently on the market in the UK. If I'm going to buy a new blowback pistol, I'd like the best one I can afford. Thanks everyone
    My I ask what is a blowback pistol?

Thanks

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kennett View Post
    My I ask what is a blowback pistol?

Thanks
    Are you familiar with centrefire self loading pistols? Often called 'automatics', semi-auto etc.

Thanks to the convenient power source of a CO2 cartridge makers are able to design and produce a replica 'automatic' pistol where the CO2 cart. is mounted in the magazine along with BB's. When the pistol is fired a unit in the slide (the top part of the pistol within which the barrel is supported at the front, is 'blown-back by a unit in the slide which uses CO2 . The slide cocks the hammer and as it runs forward it loads a BB into the barrel ready for the next shot.

A lot of these pistols are very accurate replicas, even down to field stripping. Great fun and highly recommended!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Are you familiar with centrefire self loading pistols? Often called 'automatics', semi-auto etc.

Thanks to the convenient power source of a CO2 cartridge makers are able to design and produce a replica 'automatic' pistol where the CO2 cart. is mounted in the magazine along with BB's. When the pistol is fired a unit in the slide (the top part of the pistol within which the barrel is supported at the front, is 'blown-back by a unit in the slide which uses CO2 . The slide cocks the hammer and as it runs forward it loads a BB into the barrel ready for the next shot.

A lot of these pistols are very accurate replicas, even down to field stripping. Great fun and highly recommended!
    Thanks for the explanation

Thanks for the explanation
    You're welcome!

Take a look at the KWC Luger P 08-

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/177-k...o2-pistol.html

Very impressive and field strips just like the original. If you do your bit it is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    You're welcome!

Take a look at the KWC Luger P 08-

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/177-k...o2-pistol.html

Very impressive and field strips just like the original. If you do your bit it is pretty accurate.
    oooh I like the look of that, do they do them in 1.77 pellet

oooh I like the look of that, do they do them in 1.77 pellet
    Sadly no, just BB. Mind you at short range (I often use mine at 6yds for the UBC comps) it's perfectly acceptable.

Not sure if anyone makes a replica blowback magazine fed pellet pistol. Probably impossible at sensible cost. Be delighted to be proved wrong!

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    There are blow back pellet firing semi auto's around, Umarex have the Desert Eagle, Beretta PX4, Sig Sauer offer their P320 & P226. There are drawbacks to all of them, the Desert Eagle uses Umarex's ubiquitous 8 round magazines, The Beretta & P226 both use a double ended 8 round magazine, The P320 has a massive 30 round belt magaxzine. None of them lock back after the final pellet & all of them use the trigger to index the magazine.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    There are blow back pellet firing semi auto's around, Umarex have the Desert Eagle, Beretta PX4, Sig Sauer offer their P320 & P226. There are drawbacks to all of them, the Desert Eagle uses Umarex's ubiquitous 8 round magazines, The Beretta & P226 both use a double ended 8 round magazine, The P320 has a massive 30 round belt magaxzine. None of them lock back after the final pellet & all of them use the trigger to index the magazine.
    Thanks for the feedback