Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oaks Charity Shoot Bank Holiday Monday 28th May 2018 - Results

Oaks Charity Shoot Bank Holiday Monday 28th May 2018 - Results

Well we were very luck with the weather!

Many thanks to all who came along and for your outstanding generosity both in supplying raffle prizes and buying raffle tickets. I am very happy to report we raised a grand total of £1519.25 which I guess is a good measure of the appreciation felt for the work done by Cancervive! As always special mention to Rex for raising around £360 but I have to say we also got some other substantial individual donations which do mean a great deal to Paul and Helene in particular.

The scores from today were as follows:
    Name Score Name Score Total
    Open Springer
    Russ Connor 54 Bob Pattenden 53 107 1
    Howard Kalisch 53 Nigel Wood 46 99 2
    Steve Edmondson 51 Rex Bennet 43 94
    Harvey Friend 46 Aaron Friend 48 94
    Greg Wilmshurts 50 Gavin Wilmshurst 42 92
    Ali Stewart 42 Doug Falcon 44 86
    Simon Whittick 52 Harry Shepard 33 85
    Kevin Bleasdale 41 Phil Bleasdale 42 83
    Phil Jacobs dnf Phil Moody dnf 0
    Glen Turner dnf Steb Martinez dnf 0
    Open Open
    Justin Rayner 57 Nigel Buchan 53 110 1
    Kev Hills 54 Roger Dibbens 53 107 2
    Andy Simpson 51 Vince Guy 49 100
    Kev Wickson 48 John Newton-May 51 99
    Roy Pearce 50 Barbara Pearce 48 98
    Tim Clarke 52 Nigel Carter 46 98
    Mike Seagrave 51 Jean Greatrex 44 95
    Wes Micklethraite 51 Steve Micklethwaite 44 95
    Phil Rodgers 51 Mark Newman 43 94
    Gary Morrison 50 Chris McGuinness 43 93
    Mark Rackley 56 Mary Rackley 36 92
    Lewis Hodges 51 Jade Saunders 41 92
    Ewan Hobbs 52 Gabriel Hobbs 39 91
    Nigel Ellis 40 Steve Hewgill 33 73

So particular well done to Justin and Nigel on posting the highest pairs score of the day in Open and Russ and Bob posting the highest in Open / Recoil

Finally many thanks to those who helped prep and set the course (jungle warfare with our nettles and to those who cleared the field in the pouring rain.

I hope you all enjoyed the format and the food and all being well we will do it all again on the second May Bank Holiday next year!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Thanks to Charles for organising such a worthwhile shoot.
    Thanks to Russ to for the company, had a good laugh today.
    Put my name down for next year.

Congratulations to Charles and his helpers for a great shoot.
    What a great cause and well done everyone for raising a fantastic amount of money.
    Special congrats to Rex for his massive contribution, you are one of a kind.
    Loved the course and the weather was awesome. Looking forward to seeing Biggles' pics.
    Definitely put my name down for next year.
    Cheers everyone, Justin
    ISP Airstream MKIII No33 in a Tilly Walnut Stock

Thanks

Cracking day and shoot , for a bloody good cause that is close to my heart (yes i do have one before anyone comments).

Got to take my hat off to Bob , only bought the rifle at swallows , had it in bits last night scoped it up and zeroed this morning on the plink .... Bloody good shooting mate .
    and also for helping me around the course today , carrying kit and helping me up etc (Mr Hills needed a weekend off as his back needed a rest).

Also thanks to Charles and all who helped with the day .
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Well done Russ and Bob and Justin and Nigel, great scores and a great cause! Well done everyone fantastic amount of money raised!

Regards to all

No Hope

Wouldn't have missed this one

Goes without saying a big thanks to those who took time out to set the course, it really is appreciated all of you , well done top scorers & everyone else.
    That was a hot one & Gabriel seemed to prefer the 'in the shade shots' more than others , he's just gone back into the original stock & his scores have improved already, give him time lads. Really proud he did.

What a great cause to hold a shoot for, I have my own personal reasons for wanting to help out & hope it was ok, until next year but count me in.

PS yes I will start getting the ISP back in the comps as soon as I 'reset' the kit, cheers Justin once more, don't mean were married though
    Atb
    Ewan

Great fun
    Cheers to all involved in setting out and behind the scenes stuff
    Steyr 110. Bushnell 3200 elite OAKIES

Great day, great cause and great fun. Many thanks for a great time and well done to the winners and organisers.
    Jolly well done!
    Phil

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Superb!

thank you all so much for making this an amazing day and raising so much money. I appreciate the kind words but wish to re-emphasise that I just collected the money from so many really generous people from the shooting fraternity and some from other lovely people that wear shiny stuff.

I am definitely going to be doing this again to raise money and connect with all you really lovely people. Especially Jean Great Rex xxxxxxx thanks to Jean, Charles for all that you guys do to make this possible. And of course my awesome official carer Steve Edmundson for carrying me score wise and not giving up on me and going back to bed as this is the one shoot where my brain does not want to register my wake up alarm. What a superb venue, there are not that many places that cover their pegs with nettles and make you climb mountains, it's a masochists dream x
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 29-05-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Brilliant day, with just one clap of thunder only adding to the applause just as the raffle came to an end.

In case you are not a Facebook person, the shooting I did on the day (with a camera, while giving my knee a rest) can be viewed HERE

Among my own favourites are two 'pairs' - the first taken of Howard at the free standing lane in the top field; one while on aim and one very clearly showing his expression of the outcome - and another pair toward the end of the day - of Gary pondering what to do with a sticky finger and then making his mind up.

Hope you like them.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Big thanks to all who set this one up - really enjoyed it.
    Fabulous total and thanks to Biggles for some lovely pics too.
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

First time on the forums for weeks! What a great achievement!!!

Hats off to all The Oakies that put this on!! and as usual, the biggest thanks to Charles for not only organising this event (along with the tried and trusted Oakie regulars of course..) but didn't even shoot, just to make sure it all went well!! You are something else Charles!! XX

See you lot as soon as i can XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

That picture says it all. One day i'll get a stander, the law of averages says so.
    H

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post

See you lot as soon as i can XX
    Yeah...... No rush