Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSR Phone number!

JSR Phone number!

Is it me or does anyone know if JSR have a problem with their phones?? I've been trying to call now for the past week and at what ever time i try there always engaged!! Can anyone shed any light???

Cheers
    Russ

Just busy i think.

Drop em an email.

They are always like that.

When you finally get through and tell them it is permanently engaged they just say they are very busy blah blah blah. They don't seem to give a damn that they are losing business by not having enough phones lines and people to answer the calls.

Tony.
    HW95K .22 + Simmons 44mag 6.5-20x44 + Logun Silencer;
    HW95K .177 + Simmons Aetec 4-14x44 + Logun Silencer;

Quote Originally Posted by russtee
    Is it me or does anyone know if JSR have a problem with their phones?? I've been trying to call now for the past week and at what ever time i try there always engaged!! Can anyone shed any light???

Cheers
    Russ

Email works.

Think they read then toward the end of the day, but not only do they get read, but they reply. Mention a contact number for yourself. They rang me!

To be good, one must do good.

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clyffepypard
    They are always like that.

When you finally get through and tell them it is permanently engaged they just say they are very busy blah blah blah. They don't seem to give a damn that they are losing business by not having enough phones lines and people to answer the calls.

Tony.
    Ed could employ a few more people to answer the phones I suppose, but then he'd have to put his prices up to cover the wages

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O
    Ed could employ a few more people to answer the phones I suppose, but then he'd have to put his prices up to cover the wages

Steve
    But if he sold more guns as a result, he would more than cover the wages.
    In the past I've tried on and off for over a week to call them, and in the end gave up and went elsewhere. Thats not the way to run a business, it's crap service, and I for one would not recommend them because of it.

Thats not the way to run a business, it's crap service, and I for one would not recommend them because of it.
    If you think its crap service what do you think of the BBS that he pays for his customers to use.

I also run a buissness and it is not always as simple as just employing another person and your sales will suport them. If it can support one person you may have to more than double your trade to support two people.

E-mail him you have a computer lot less hassle than the phone.

James
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75
    If you think its crap service what do you think of the BBS that he pays for his customers to use.

I also run a buissness and it is not always as simple as just employing another person and your sales will suport them. If it can support one person you may have to more than double your trade to support two people.

E-mail him you have a computer lot less hassle than the phone.

James
    James, of course I know they host this BBS, and know that they are very well thought of in general.

I was referring specifically to the problems customers have trying to contact them by phone.

Not being able to contact them by phone gives a really bad impression to their potential customers.

Saying it was "crap service" was the wrong choice of words, and was not intended as a comment on their after-sales service etc.

However, I still could not recommend someone to phone them knowing full well that they stand little chance of getting though, and IMO they should do something about it.

I hope Ed does read his BBS, and I hope he understands how one of his customers feels about his phone "service".

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat
    i have to agree on the phone service being a little on the tedious side to get through but when you do get through or email them the service is very good and you don`t get passed from piller to post or have to press 2 for sales ,3 for returns and all that sh**,i can`t beat there prices,i also deal with bsa and webley and most of the other suppliers but if i need something quick i give them a ring or send an email and i have my order the next day (without fail in my case )you can`t get the same service anywere else
    Last edited by jonballs; 23-09-2005 at 05:27 PM.
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs

hadaka-jimi Guest
    But if they are advertising in mags, then people will pick up the phone first and will get frustrated when they cannot get through ?

If they deal better through fax and e-mail, then would it not be better to tell customers of this ?

Not all shooters use the BBS forums and will know how best to get attention.

Are they loosing business as a result - only Mr Ramsbottom can say, and it is his decision if he wants to plug the gap.

But callers via the dog n bone will spend there folding elswhere.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    I'd have to agree with the (somewhat negative) comments about phone response. Recall one attempt at retail therapy, trying to buy a new scope. Must have tried dozens (literally) of times to get through; finally got an answer when using my mobile on a train trip back South from York. You guessed it; not much more than a minute into the - very helpful - conversation, the bl**dy train goes into a looooong tunnel. Result - cut off!!!

However ...... as I discovered only this last week, dear JSR has finally (not sure when it happened) got the on-line ordering system running. Result ... ordered a cleaning kit and some oil on Monday (early hours of the morning) and postie delivered on Wednesday.

Well done JSR

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

JSR are a top firm, best value about bar none.

So you have to wait a bit to get through, but you might save £50 for your trouble!

I had a few probs getting through but I saved over £60 on my divers bottle and it was
    delivered next day, FREE!! All that weight and no charge for delivery. Put ringback on and
    wait for the phone to ring

More power to their elbow and I for one will put up with the wait to answer the telephone.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Jrs

Got to be one of the best mail order company's going!
    excellent service and advice with prompt delivery. No chasing up "where's my scope etc" it gets delivered when they say it will.I would give them a try before I would go local,none of this under fifty quid and I don't want to know nonsense!

timdiscus Guest
    i have been trying to phone since wednesday also wondered if there was a problem

tim

On a couple of occasions in the past I've gone elswhere for my stuff as a result of not getting through on the phone.

I'm sure that if they got the website working properly, they would see a marked increase in sales.
    Bob

vini vidi velcro
    I came, I saw, I stuck around.