Thread: What pellets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What pellets?

I know it will have been asked a thousand times before but what pellets are you all using for paper punching at 10m and more importantly which ones would you avoid? At the moment I'm using JSB Exacts on a bell target as find the centre mark easier to score with but looking for a cleaner hole in paper.

RWS R10 match ?
    They punch a nice clean hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    RWS R10 match ?
    They punch a nice clean hole.
    Thanks, was looking at these but wasn't sure if they were cheap for a reason. Might try a tin now

Quote Originally Posted by paul1969 View Post
    Thanks, was looking at these but wasn't sure if they were cheap for a reason. Might try a tin now
    RWS Meisterkugeln are cheaper, and shoot well in my Steyr LP10. I have used RWS R10 and there is no noticeable difference for me between the two.

By comparison the new Eley pellets are expensive at £11+ for a box, but I doubt I would notice much difference, if at all if I used them.

10 shots with RWS Meisterkugeln at 10M shooting one handed during a practice session. Never the same in a comp though

Depends how good your shooting is I guess
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Some good info here from Russ
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Generally RWS R10 Rifle have been good for me. I've also used Bisley practice in some guns though, and had good results for £5 a tin