Thread: What pellets?

What pellets?

I know it will have been asked a thousand times before but what pellets are you all using for paper punching at 10m and more importantly which ones would you avoid? At the moment I'm using JSB Exacts on a bell target as find the centre mark easier to score with but looking for a cleaner hole in paper.

RWS R10 match ?
    They punch a nice clean hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    RWS R10 match ?
    They punch a nice clean hole.
    Thanks, was looking at these but wasn't sure if they were cheap for a reason. Might try a tin now

Quote Originally Posted by paul1969 View Post
    Thanks, was looking at these but wasn't sure if they were cheap for a reason. Might try a tin now
    RWS Meisterkugeln are cheaper, and shoot well in my Steyr LP10. I have used RWS R10 and there is no noticeable difference for me between the two.

By comparison the new Eley pellets are expensive at £11+ for a box, but I doubt I would notice much difference, if at all if I used them.

10 shots with RWS Meisterkugeln at 10M shooting one handed during a practice session. Never the same in a comp though

Depends how good your shooting is I guess
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Some good info here from Russ
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Generally RWS R10 Rifle have been good for me. I've also used Bisley practice in some guns though, and had good results for £5 a tin

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Generally RWS R10 Rifle have been good for me. I've also used Bisley practice in some guns though, and had good results for £5 a tin
    As I've used Bisley magnums for hunting before and allways use them for chronoing I looked at the practice but thought they sound too cheap to be any good. It's good to hear that the cheaper options can give good results too. For £5 I may have to try them too and as with all of my pellets give them a wash and relube before settling the barrel in and testing for grouping. If they're naff I can always cheat and give them to a mate to shoot at the club

BigEars Guest
    I like Hobbys. They're clean, not too expensive and definitely not to blame for bad shots.

I use JSB Exact for Bell Target as well. Simply because its a decent pellet that works well in 95% of the airguns. I use it in all my 4.5mm vintage rifles for bell target.
    Easy; that way I cant forget which pellet to use for which rifle
    For 10m rifle: RWS R10 for my Walther LG300
    My Alfa Proj CO2 Rife : Finale Match pistol
    Tau mk300: Daystate Rangemasters/CPs
    Tau 200 BT: CPs
    Tau mk200 RWS R10

So not all matchrifles prefer flatheads
    ATB,
    yana

paul1969,

All my rifles/pistols like RWS R10 Pistol 4.50 (6.99 gr.) - when I bought them in bulk (30000 pellets) some time ago, prior to the GBP - Euro exchange fiasco, I got them for ca. £6.50 per tin.

I also use, and really like, the various flavours of the JSB Match pellets, with the 'Green' (4.50, 7.33 gr.) being used the most.

Get a pellet sampler and have at it

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

JSB Match are great. Use them in all my Tau 7 pistols
    ATB,
    yana

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Another vote for JSB match green- been using them for some time with very good results. Not sure if our sponsor sells them?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hobby pellets work very well in my Bell Target HW30S and R10s give even tighter chrono readings but had bad experiences with Bisley Practices giving wildly erratic chrono figures.

Changed from JSBs to Superdome in my Tesro, for Bell; the JSB gave a bigger more indistinct center spot than the Supers, also one tin gave some very ''odd'' wagon wheel star outline marks on a bell plate. For 10m many shooters use Geco's not just for practice either; my Tesro seems pellet fussy with flat nose, outstanding by far is a pellet called P.B. sadly not on sale in the uk but easily bought in Germany, I got a tin gifted to me and they beat everything else I had tried. So I use R10 , also RWS Meisters seem as good along with H & N; all seem to be about the same, certainly much better than I am now.
    The best advice is beg some off other shooters, try about 10, and then try for grouping, I am lucky in that the shooting centre has an amazing cradle that will show results to the best possible degree; its all about trial and error then if needed, balance results with budget.

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Changed from JSBs to Superdome in my Tesro, for Bell; the JSB gave a bigger more indistinct center spot than the Supers, also one tin gave some very ''odd'' wagon wheel star outline marks on a bell plate. For 10m many shooters use Geco's not just for practice either; my Tesro seems pellet fussy with flat nose, outstanding by far is a pellet called P.B. sadly not on sale in the uk but easily bought in Germany, I got a tin gifted to me and they beat everything else I had tried. So I use R10 , also RWS Meisters seem as good along with H & N; all seem to be about the same, certainly much better than I am now.
    The best advice is beg some off other shooters, try about 10, and then try for grouping, I am lucky in that the shooting centre has an amazing cradle that will show results to the best possible degree; its all about trial and error then if needed, balance results with budget.
    You need to get those pellets back onto the MPL targets!!!!

.hope you are well - Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.