Thread: Some more mk2 airsporter debate

Some more mk2 airsporter debate

Ok so i now have two !

What am i thinking ?

Just bought a later example gf or ge it has a single long scope rail on top anyway it was so rusty that after a clean up and a few coats of cold blue it actually looks nice the pitting is so even that it looks life some sort of factory finish.

It's complete apart from the front sight hood but i just find the open sights on these mk2's rubish they both have the thing folding rear sights.

I fitted a little sabre 2-7x32 on a one piece mount to it but couldn't get it to group started to fear i had cocked up the scope but then the shots were all on a verticle so thought it had to be power related.

I don't know if this is a leather or oring seal at this age but it's dieseling a bit as i ended up giving the whole gun a good soaking in wd40 after the bluing since water had got to places it shouldn't.

I am not sure about correct barrel cleaning but i ended up rolling pieces of tishue then ramming it down with liberal dosses of wd40 then firing them out .

That rolling breach thing gets in the way.

I took the scope of put it back on the hw99 it came from and it's perfect on that gun did a few one hole groups before getting bored the 99 is like shooting one of my pcp's.

So back on opens with zombie gun as i call her and she was grouping again ! Well around an inch and a half at 10 yards but that was much better than with the scope .

The back of the stock is missing about 3inches of the top corner due to woodworm but i have soaked the stock in special stuff to stop that however it hurts a bit to shoot so i have bought some shotgun slip over things to try out when they arrive.

I do need to grow a pair and strip them both down the other one is mels old one bought at the bash it's got lots of power but makes your face and shoulder hurt from the recoil , propper man's gun !

I have fitted some adapted weaver mounts to that one and a tacktical stock wrap thing to help with cheek sting just need to swap about scopes and lighten the trigger pull.

I have loads of guns that are very acurate but in a 10 yard range garden i need a challenge so end up playing with whatever is hardest to shoot well more.

Just about mastered my vulcan it's very accurate now and had to sell a b2 for sanity reasons after a fun 6 months .
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Today's the day !
    I have a nice leather slip over shotgun recoil pad to try out on both rifles.
    I am going to put a known reliable scope on the early mk2 from mel he set it on fire in his workshop so the front of the stock has been modified by jonbaz and looks like it was made that way so from now on that's fire gun.

I made a cheap set of weaver mounts i found in the garage fit the strange scope rails they seem solid but i don't think it's a reliable permanent thing.
    Of The top of my head i have a hawke panorama 3x9x40 non ao that's in need of a home it's a known good scope but the non ao makes it a bit useless to me .

I think fire gun probably had a leather piston other than horrible face stinging shoulder hurting recoil it's ok.

Zombie gun with half the butt pad missing actually left a red mark and a bruise on my shoulder ! But i think this one being a later mk2 probably has an oring piston head with this in mind i put a fair amount of silicon oil down the the rolling breach left it to soak then fired it out for two shots.
    I don't think wd40 would be very good for the oring so hopefully this will have helped.

Zombie gun has a more normal scooe rail though its very shallow so not many mounts will grip it will have another go today and try to fit a bsa 3x9x40 non ao scope i have laying around but it's a know good scope .

Then it's play Time 😁
    I have the day off so it's get an airsporter working with a scope day and if i can't then it's strip at least one airsporter day the massive preload and funny shaped trigger housing is what puts most people off.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22

Hi mate... you are a man after my own heart... my two favourites.. the vulcan and the mk2!
    If it was me, I'd strip the mk2 that you put the WD and the silicon oil into, clean it thoroughly with degrease, then this away the WD and the silicon oil ����
    I have two mk2 here as well and both shoot so well I don't want to tinker! Cosmetically they are not great, but they are really fun to shoot.
    Once my lathe is working again, I'll open them up and treat them to whatever they want.. I'm also looking at getting some period enamel style paint. There's a guy selling stuff on the bay called Suncorite, which I believe was used by the mod on old Enfields etc.. it looks like a semi decent finish. If anyone has experience of this stuff, please chime in!
    Donald

Hi Donald
    This whole airsporter obsession is your fault !
    It was shooting yours at the bash that made me realise they can shoot quite nice.
    I thought yours was a mk1?

My session turned into about three hours in the end with mixed results.

The zombie gun is still having power issues but the trigger is much nicer than fire gun .
    The wd40 was just because i cold blued it without stripping and then hosed it down a couple of times between coats tbh didn't think i had a lot to loose.
    Then the silicon oil was just to try and help the oring if it wasn't already knackered.
    I think it is 😅so it's a strip down for that one now.

The fire gun got better and better i was almost pellet on pellet 3 out of 4 shots in the end so my bodged mounts seam to be working, i did a bit of trigger adjusting and that made all the difference until at the end or decided not to cock any more with the trigger set nice and light .
    I can make the gun work fine but the trigger had to go back to stiff donkey so the acuracy was off again .
    So i need to take it out the stock and check out what's going on with that trigger .
    Could be too much lube or maybe trigger spring not happy no idea but i find it suspicious that so many airsoirters have such stiff triggers when they can be adjusted to be reasonably light and still safe.
    The shotgun recoil pad was great .

Managed about 5 shots tonight each with a micro adjustment of the trigger and it's back shooting well again.
    Using 5.53 h&n ft as these are the tightest pellets i have ever used in my hw barrels a real tight fit .

These days i just order falcon acuracy plus or jsb rs sane pellet and h&n ft 5.53 for the older guns.

I am really enjoying my airsporter and it will be nice to get the other one shooting properly too.

Good tip for the pellets buddy... I just buy good old superdomes, but I'll give those H&N a try in the airsporter for sure.
    I'm about To go FAC and join a new club this week (fingers crossed) as my probationary test is tomorrow night, but all this talk of airsporters is giving me an itch to get it out the cupboard and bounce a can about the back garden!!
    Donald