Thread: Junior 10m/20yd target and plinking recommendations?

Junior 10m/20yd target and plinking recommendations?

After taking the kids to the local indoor range, i'm after a 10m target/20yd plinking capable CO2 pistol. Needs to be CO2 as youngest is 8 and cocking could be a problem, I suppose mag fed for 'fun' at this sort of age/range makes sense.

My first thoughts were a 2240 (aka the money trap), but as it's single shot and .22 I figured at this distance/power a .177 probably made more sense? The 3576w is very 'plasticy' but 10 shot and supposed to be reasonable for accuracy, I read a lot of positive feedback for the PX4 Storm and had a quick look at the P-15 which it seems to be based on. The CP1-M seems to get a lot of love at the moment, am I missing anything in the sub £120ish bracket?

Appreciate any feedback

Don’t buy the PX4
    Heavy blowback and inaccurate.

The Cp is a good choice.

I don’t think a magazine gun and an 8 year old will be relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Don’t buy the PX4
    Heavy blowback and inaccurate.

The Cp is a good choice.

I don’t think a magazine gun and an 8 year old will be relaxing.
    Thanks for the reply and recommendation. I don't think i'd describe it as relaxing (yet), the first visits were with club weapons and they can vary quite a lot, turns out his sister isn't bad with a rifle, but he takes instruction well and is learning safe/proper handling at an early age and enjoys it. I'd personally rather that, than they learn to shoot as I did back in the day.

Hi i run a club with small children and always recommend a small rifle as its easier to master quicker....but as you want a pistol my thoughts would go to the SMK CP2......its actualy pretty good and comes with both pistol and rifle barrels, stock and grips oh and the option of magazine or single shot....
    I bought one to try a while ago and its proving very popular with the children in what ever format its in.....groups well too

Single shot for now

Multishot and an eight year old isn't the safest option IMO.
    Much safer to watch him load a single pellet and supervise until the shot is fired.
    Awareness of gun status is important. A mag makes this harder to be confident about.

Have you considered the Lov 21? I Have one and it's very easy to handle and very accurate.
    They're about a hundred quid.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    The Umarex Tornado could be worth a look. £50-£60 comes with 3 x 10 shot magazines, light weight without being too plasticky, good accuracy, BB only, but you can use the copper coated lead BB's with no problem.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it