Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarex H&K P30 misfiring

Umarex H&K P30 misfiring

I have a technical problem. I bought a used but mint P30 privately at a very good price. I have started plinking and am experiencing frequent misfires. They seem to only occur when I shoot single action and find the pellet partly emerges from the magazine and is misshapen on one side. It seems that the magazine and the barrel are not quite lining up all the time. As I say, if I fire double action the trigger seems to rotate the magazine properly, but if I cock the hammer, every two or three shots this happens.
    Anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions from you experts out there?

A known fault with Umarex models.

It’s usually the pawl that’s worn but can involve other parts.

Worth trying another magazine as a start in case it’s faulty.

You might get help on Umarex Boys Club Forum.

I contacted Umarex in Germany who replied very quickly and referred me to Bisley-UK, John Rothery, their UK reps. I contacted John Rothery and had a quick and very helpful response from a lady in their Sales Office. On their instructions I have taken the pistol to my local gun shop and Rothery will pick it up and look at it. So far I am very impressed with Umarex and their UK reps. Fingers crossed!

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    That is a great result. Please keep us updated.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Just heard back from Bisley. They can’t locate a fault. They have fired 100 pellets through it single action without a misfire. They think the problem may lie with my choice of pellets and recommend Bisley Practice. I am sceptical as I tried a variety of pellets, domed and flathead, including Pro-Target Trophy, Milbro Caledonian and Excite Econ, all carefully seated and all with misfires. A mystery, but still very pleased with the helpfulness of Bisley and Umarex.

Quote Originally Posted by Genstabler View Post
    Just heard back from Bisley. They can’t locate a fault. They have fired 100 pellets through it single action without a misfire. They think the problem may lie with my choice of pellets and recommend Bisley Practice. I am sceptical as I tried a variety of pellets, domed and flathead, including Pro-Target Trophy, Milbro Caledonian and Excite Econ, all carefully seated and all with misfires. A mystery, but still very pleased with the helpfulness of Bisley and Umarex.
    I am sceptical. In my experience, the three main faults on Umarex pellet firers are (a) worn, broken or otherwise malfunctioning pawl; (b) broken trigger bar; (c) seals. Only seals are an easy fix.

And on the 1911 only, grip safety issues, given that they took John Browning's excellent firearm grip safety design and made it into a CO2 pistol design nightmare.

Failure fully to index the cylinder can also be a cylinder fault, perhaps that the teeth that engage the pawl are worn. There are definitely at least two types of cylinder "magazine", with different bigger teeth, which suggests an upgrade at some point to minimise malfunctions. But the mags with a P30, as a comparatively recent product, should be of the later and presumably improved type.

It has come back. To my astonishment it came with a bill for £50 although no repairs were made to it. To rub salt in the wound, I test fired it using Bisley Practice pellets as recommended by the armourer and, far from shooting perfectly, at the 13th round it again started misfiring as before. It is an indexing issue, which is a manufacturing fault.
    I am still in communication with John Rothery about it and, who knows, they may restore my now somewhat tattered confidence in them.

My faith in John Rothery was not misplaced! They have just phoned me and, having seen the photos I sent them, agree there is a problem that their armourer did not pick up. Despite there being no question of liability under warranty, they are going to have another look at it and try to sort it out. I continue to be very impressed with Bisley John Rothery!

Did it get fixed & what was at fault?
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Losing confidence in Bisley John Rothery

John Rothery have now had my faulty HK P30 for the second time for over two months. After their initial very helpful assurances I have heard nothing. Furthermore they are not replying to my emails requesting a sitrep. I think my confidence in their commitment to sorting out the problem may have been misplaced. Very disappointing.

The truth is that many co2 pistols are not easily or economically repairable.

Umarex early models,1911 ,S&W,CP88 and Beretta can be repaired if you have the know how and can get the parts but they are a pain in the proverbial to do.

More modern offerings are landfill in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Umarex early models,1911 ,S&W,CP88 and Beretta can be repaired if you have the know how and can get the parts but they are a pain in the proverbial to do.

Sadly true
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

I should add that I meant modern co2 pistols.

Old collectables eg Crosman from the 60s can be sorted by chaps with the Great British Shed engineering know how.
    Which sadly passes some of us by and is harder to find these days.

My mates Dad used to build sit on steam engines from scratch in his garage in the 60s.
    As you do!

Lawrie and Baz on here do great work and I’m sure there are others.

I guess it’s the same with modern cars.
    See coil packs and other brilliant ideas.

I should add that I meant modern co2 pistols.

Old collectables eg Crosman from the 60s can be sorted by chaps with the Great British Shed engineering know how.
    Which sadly passes some of us by and is harder to find these days.

My mates Dad used to build sit on steam engines from scratch in his garage in the 60s.
    As you do!

Lawrie and Baz on here do great work and I’m sure there are others.

I guess it’s the same with modern cars.
    See coil packs and other brilliant ideas.

Very true Patrick.
    I'm repairing a hammer on airsoft ksc glock 17, I would think similar set up to the new umarex air pistol blowback G17 and you wouldn't believe the little parts and the 4-5 little springs in just the rear hammer assembly, it's testing my patience!
    Now take a crosman 2240, doddle to tune/repair.
    I also repaired a Umarex cp88 a couple of years ago and with the help of some online guides UBC/YouTube I managed it, but again very fiddly and time consuming.

I can actually dismantle a 2240 and put it together again Mike.
    Which is saying something!
    New transfer port seal O ring thingy.

But I have an 18 month old little used Swiss Arms Beretta which blows gas out of the top of the mag.
    I can't find a new mag on the net and Baz says he has had little success fixing them.