Thread: Filling LP10 cylinder

Filling LP10 cylinder

Hi,

I've just started to find I can not unscrew my Styer LP10 cylinder from my fill bottle without losing half the air in the cylinder. It used to just puff a fraction of air and that was it, now It rushes out for a few revolutions as I unscrew it. I've filled the cylinders up about 10 times each so far, the gun is about 3 months old from new.

Thanks.

I've just found a video on You Tube that shows a guy bleeding off the air in the normal way when filling a Styer cylinder. Mine does not do that, if I bleed like he does (the normal way) all the air in the Styer cylinder is gone.

There are 2 types of filling adaptor, one which doesn't depress the air cylinder valve (the difference in air pressure opens the valve when filling and closes the valve when no air flow is happening), this type can be bled, the other keeps the cylinder valve open until you uncrew it from the adaptor.
    If your cylinder is venting all the air when removing it from the filling adaptor then either you aren't unscrewing quick enough or more likely the valve in the cylinder is sticking open or leaking. If you can get any air pressure at all in the cylinder when unscrewed try putting a drop of silicone oil on the valve to see if it bubbles. If so then your cylinder valve will need a service. It should still be under warranty so speak to the gunshop you bought it from.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

All sorted after a call to Styer.

Just a couple of modifications to the adapter and all done :-)