Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate mk3

Daystate mk3

Still no joy on getting into the daystateowners, so might get some joy here.
    Have a mk3 twin battery model, nice blueing 177 with chrome air stripper.
    R/H walnut thumb hole with adjustable cheek piece.
    No batteries but 2 new ones with it.
    Would like some information or photos on fixing same to getitup and running. John
    snarepeg.

I have a Mk4, Mk3 is pretty similar, whats the problem.

My old mk3 had one green battery pack from memory,It failed after a while and wouldn’t charge,but a replacement was easy to obtain.as they should be rechargeable plug battery in and leave on charge with the supplied charger for 24 hours,should be good to go then

Mine has 2, think it's a b2 mk3????????
    No key at the moment, no charger either.(on order)
    The batteries have to be soldered in, but not 100 percent sure on polarity ??
    Do I remove the board to solder,awkward being close to air tube?
    Waiting for some concrete advise with hopefully photos to go by.
    Have tried Daystate forum but how many ways can you put air rifle backwards for their anti tamper system..
    Have given up on it.
    snarepeg.

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Mine has 2, think it's a b2 mk3????????
    No key at the moment, no charger either.(on order)
    The batteries have to be soldered in, but not 100 percent sure on polarity ??
    Do I remove the board to solder,awkward being close to air tube?
    Waiting for some concrete advise with hopefully photos to go by.
    Have tried Daystate forum but how many ways can you put air rifle backwards for their anti tamper system..
    Have given up on it.
    I done my mk3 , replaced the two batteries, was a while ago now but if I remember correctly without seeing it I removed the trigger /circuit board assembly, Then opposite sides of batteries I had to cut away and remove the backing to access the soldered joints, I just removed two strips the width of each battery, Desoldered the battery pins , sure there was 3 pins, you can't get them wrong, Its the only way they fit in place, Removed batteries then basically put new batteries back in and re soldered , I then cut two lengths of double sided sticky tape and used them to replace the bits of backing I cut away from the circuit board, leave the backing on outer side of the tape, Other than that , take the trigger/circuit board to a tv repair shop and they will most probs charge you about a tenna, No gun shop around here would touch my mk3 , or do the batteries but I found out later the tv repair shop would have done it for a couple of quid,
    Was a while ago so bare with me but it's an easy fix, Maplins used to do the keys, They were a standard fit for some of the cheap battery alarms,

There is two keys also on the auction site,
    Last edited by madcarlos; 02-06-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Carlos.
    Will wait till, keys arrive, the batteries are new so should hopefully be charged.
    Will remove cuircuit board to do it.
    Will update on progress or lack of. John
    snarepeg.

Thanks Carlos.
    Will wait till, keys arrive, the batteries are new so should hopefully be charged.
    Will remove cuircuit board to do it.
    Will update on progress or lack of. John
    Yes bud , mine had 3 lugs on each battery, sure there was two on top and one at bottom , Mine was the 2 batteries type aswell, They cracking guns the mk3, hope it all goes well for you bud,

Carlos.
    Can you remember which way they went, I.e double lug to top which is positive I think. John
    snarepeg.

Carlos.
    Can you remember which way they went, I.e double lug to top which is positive I think. John
    I've been trying to find pics I had but ain't had no luck, I'm sure there was 2 at top and one on bottom , the holes in the circuit board will only let you fit them the right way,
    Mine had a black unit between the two batteries, may have been a regulator or coil of some sort,
    Last edited by madcarlos; 03-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.

I'm not exactly sure sorry now I think of it as I done some work on my air wolf with regards to battery , But as I said the holes are there on the board to solder the battery to, you can only solder them in the correct way as the holes on board will only match up with the lugs of each battery,

Yes, so as mine, the double has a positive cross on top. But there are metal tags top and bottom to solder to so the wires stuck out of the battery are redundant if you do that? John
    snarepeg.

Yes, so as mine, the double has a positive cross on top. But there are metal tags top and bottom to solder to so the wires stuck out of the battery are redundant if you do that? John
    Sorry john regarding the wires , There weren't any wires on my batteries from what I can remember, just the lugs, I've seen pics with batteries which have wires c omming out, also batteries like mine were , just lugs,

Sorry john regarding the wires , There weren't any wires on my batteries from what I can remember, just the lugs, I've seen pics with batteries which have wires c omming out, also batteries like mine were , just lugs,

Yes, mine as wires, but flat lugs out of he board that solder, obviously quite a few variations.
    Have tried to get into the daystate club but no joy, tried at least 6/7 times, know there will be photos on there that would give me more info.
    Will keep keep a stiff upper lip and will get there in the end. Reg. john
    snarepeg.

Found a pic on the net and can't say for defo but the lugs on the bottom look like the two lugs in this picture, No wires on them batteries either if I got you right, sent a pm with my number if I can be of any help,