Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bench rest bags

Bench rest bags

Looking to get the above and the Allen brand has taken my eye at £36-40 I see there is cheaper ones and more expensive ones.Any advice taken onboard,there just for pellet/grouping testing.

I have a selection of these, wedge for rear.

http://www.equifixshootingbags.co.uk/

Good quality, quick delivery and I fill them with plastic pellets from .

Thanks for sharing,they look very good and will do the job fine,but it’s not very clear if they come as a pair like in picture,mk3&mk4 is it just the front for that price and you have to buy a wedge bag bag in too
    Last edited by Dave74; 02-06-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Edit

Always singly sold as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave74 View Post
    Looking to get the above and the Allen brand has taken my eye at £36-40 I see there is cheaper ones and more expensive ones.Any advice taken onboard,there just for pellet/grouping testing.
    You can get the same benefit by using a rolled up, or folded towel placed on top of a cheap plastic toolbox, which can also carry your chrono, spare mags, pellets etc.

Of course it doesn't look as "flash" but cheap & does the job.

These;

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...elf-fill).html

From our sponsor, they come as a pair and they are very good quality, I have two sets one of which I use for actual shooting and the other which is lightly filled and used as a rest for maintenance.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    These;

From our sponsor, they come as a pair and they are very good quality, I have two sets one of which I use for actual shooting and the other which is lightly filled and used as a rest for maintenance.
    I have some unbranded Chinese ones from fleabay...half the price and about a two week wait.

My only comment is I used polystrene beads to fill mine....please for the love of God don't do the same!
    Bleedin' things go everywhere no matter how careful you are - getting statically attracted to everything other than the fill hole in the bag which appears to be an anti-gravity singularity in space-time that repels all polystrene matter.

Caldwell do a bag called a 'Tackdriver' about 60 pound ish, BUT i found a copy of it on eb@y for 12 quid and its the best rest ive ever used! just fill it with rice.
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

I bought a set of these, from eBlag. Item 322587606803

They work fine with my .223Rem. Just fill them up with plastic beads.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    These;

Got this one, filled it with the chippings from using my chainsaw

Thanks for the replies so far,I now like the unbranded tackdriver for £14 and a couple boxes of uncle bens and I can get one of them 2 piece outfits too,both for less than I was going to originally pay

Rice! just make sure it doesn't get wet then!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray1Mark View Post
    Rice! just make sure it doesn't get wet then!
    Or if it does, just add a bit of Char Sui Pork, a few prawns, some peas, a splash of soy, velly nice!

Lol,so no one uses rice echo1974 uses rice,perhaps the bag is waterproof,so what’s best to fill them with,also read here poly beads not very good

Lots of folk use rice, some use sand although I've heard that sand can damage the seams?, polystyrene balls, airsoft ammo. I just use well compacted, (fresh!), cat litter and other than a very slight amount of dust residue after a long'ish session it does for me.