Thread: Posting Pellets... abroad?

Posting Pellets... abroad?

I need to post 7 tins of pellets to a friend in Indonesia who has asked me to do this as he can only source from the USA and postage is $100+

But... asking one of the UK courier "brokers", Interparcel.com, if this is OK they say no. None of their carriers will accept pellets as they are regarded as "ammunition" and therefore prohibited.

I don't wish to send them undeclared as my friend says Indonesian customs are very good at seizing goods.

Does anyone have experience with sending pellets abroad with full declaration of what they are? Who did you use?

This is a bit like sending airguns where, afaik, only Royal Mail will carry them in the UK.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers, Matt.

Inert metal paper punch components.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi l had some stoped at customs. these were sent through uesing globel shipping via Royal mail. so l think you will be lucky if they get through customs.

To save any risk of trouble for your friend I'd be inclined to speak to the embassy (assuming they have one) &/or HMRC, find out the rules/law at his end, & provided it's legal send them as a small parcel with Royal Mail international just attach a customs declaration to the outside, postage will be about £20 for up to 2kg if more than 2kg use Parcelforce.

When I worked in Angola we had to budget in 20 per cent customs loss. If we imported 5 X 12" ball valves, one would disappear in customs.wtf would they do with one of them we'd ask??? Fk why but that was the way it was.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I'm aware RM "have" to carry airguns (firearms) in the UK, but I'm guessing this ruling doesn't apply overseas?

Also, PF aren't covered by the RM ruling as they're a different company, correct?

So PF could also say "no"?

Cheers for the help, Matt.

Royal mail and parcel force will send pellets internationally. Parcel force quote:
    All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles is also prohibited.

Label simply as lead pellets and as long as they are ok to import to the other side, it should be fine
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by Mattblack View Post
    I'm aware RM "have" to carry airguns (firearms) in the UK, but I'm guessing this ruling doesn't apply overseas?

Also, PF aren't covered by the RM ruling as they're a different company, correct?

So PF could also say "no"?

Cheers for the help, Matt.
    Since when are pellets classed as either airguns or firearms

They're inert bits of lead,

RM rules prohibit "ammunition (excluding lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles)"

It's written the RMDG17 leaflet so all anyone has to do is read it

"The price of 5 x the Beast is €30.55 and 2 x the Exact would be €17.75. The shipping costs to Indonesia are €35.95 up to 3kg. The total would be €84.25. We have shipped pellets to Indonesia before without any problems. Regards, Dennis"

A helpful UK retailer advised their difficulty posting abroad and put me onto the above, from whom they he had ordered a couple of sleeves which had "the best packaging I have ever seen.": https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

Looks like a goer!