Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kral Puncher NP-02

Picked my .177 one up on Saturday and took it back to the boinger bash with me, I must have put six to seven hundred shots through it and to say I'm impressed is a massive understatement. Many people tried it this weekend and were very complimentary (Apart from unframed Dave who teased me mercilessly all weekend about how ugly he thinks it is ) the trigger needs some adjustment yet, but that aside i love it, so accurate and fun to shoot. I'm looking forward to getting out in the field with it. Many thanks to the op for posting his review and prompting my interest in this lovely little air rifle

Update to review

Ok , so now I've put over 2000 pellets through mine it's time for a little update .
    I found that although perfectly usable , I needed to gain a little more eye relief . I found myself moving my head forwards . Initially I had some sportsmatch double mounts . I had to change these around as I ran out of both windage and elevation . Once swapped back to front they were fine . I then tried some reach back mounts , again running out of windage and elevation . The problem has now been solved by using an adjustable one piece reach back mount .
    The dovetail / weaver combination may be slightly off centre on this particular rifle . My mates one is spot on with no mounting issues .
    Initially I put a Hugget Belita on the rifle . Looks good but not as quiet as I wanted for the farmyard . A HW silencer took the noise level right down , but added length . I'm now using a silencer purchased from Frog on here . I don't know if he makes them himself or not but they are pretty good , nice slim and reasonably compact , and very well priced .
    The little rifle , although not as light as it looks still turns heads at the range . People just love shooting it . Initially they mention the left hand cocking lever but within a few shots appear to forget all about it .
    The trigger may be an area that some people would want to improve. However , I find that most people don't notice it . It's not unpredictable and functions as good as many others .
    Out in the field this outfit is as good as any I've ever had , and I've had a few over the years .
    It packs a punch , taking vermin out at sensible distances .
    It's certainly not a purchase I regret making .

Hi,
    I like the look of these but I saw a spec somewhere that put the length of pull at over 16" which seemed excessive. Is it noticeable in use?
    Cheers.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Hi,
    I like the look of these but I saw a spec somewhere that put the length of pull at over 16" which seemed excessive. Is it noticeable in use?
    Cheers.
    No , not at all.

Those of you who have one of these, do you think a MTC Connect would work on it, either with the proper mount, or with a pair of normal mounts on the front part of the scope?

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Hi,
    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    No , not at all.
    I noticed it straight away. Not ideal, but the extra reach wasn't a problem.

If they'd made the buttstock shorter (as short as possible behind the buddy bottle), it would have reduced the eye relief along with the LoP of course.

I liked the gun, thanks to my Smoggie friend letting me have a go on it, and most importantly - he really likes it too.

Damnit, if the long lop is not an issue I now have a burning desire to try and possibly buy one! Had better sell off a few of my little used beauties to fund it if I like it.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

[QUOTE=Rickenbacker;7516548]I noticed it straight away. Not ideal, but the extra reach wasn't a problem.

If they'd made the buttstock shorter (as short as possible behind the buddy bottle), it would have reduced the eye relief along with the LoP of course.

I liked the gun, thanks to my Smoggie friend letting me have a go on it, and most importantly - he really likes it

You are entirely welcome bud, i oiled the stock yesterday and remembered your advice on using a toothbrush on the stippling, it looks brilliant. Had a go at adjusting the trigger whilst the stock was off. Only adjustment i could find was for the length of travel seems to have helped a little bit

.25" npo2

Sadly . It appears that the importers have no plans to stock .25
    Calibre is obviously a personal choice , but I've got to say my .177 using JSB heavies packs a punch .
    It's dropped everything that I've asked of it.
    I took my HW100 out last night and while they are two different rifles , I missed the little Puncher .
    I may have to go out with one on each shoulder
    Were going to be getting 5 in .25" just to see how they go. So if you want one get it ordered as I think they'll fly out. They're due in July/August. Completely sold out of NPO2's at present but I'm still trying to get them all 'sorted' ( polyvalved, power checked and anti tampered) so they can go to the retailers. So much for semi retirement!!
    You want it fixed when??!

hi will you be doing a .25 moderator to go on it

Got my NP-02 a few days ago, on first trial found it a pleasure to use,it's in .177 and makes me in to a better shot than I ever though I was,very accurate with most pellets I tried,if you can get one get it you will, I bet be surprised,Kral making some great looking and shooting guns,mine is well worth the money.

Enjoy it ,
    I can't put mine down .
    hi alakar can you tell me is it loud .

Sorry , only just seen this .
    Stick a weihrauch silencer on and it's like a mouses fart , a big mouse , but a mouse none the less.
    Pretty quiet .
    Looks good with a Hugget Belita on but quieter with the HW.

Quote Originally Posted by duggi View Post
    hi alakar can you tell me is it loud .
    Tis pretty quiet with a HW silencer on but then I wouldn't p**s fellow club members off.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

can someone tell me the dia of the bottle