Thread: Swap a Schofield for a Schofield ???

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Swap a Schofield for a Schofield ???

Evening all. As many of you may know I am a massive fan of the Schofield pistols, but a change is as good as a rest as they say? For I have one of the beautiful copper tinted nickel examples with the Ivory white grips, but now I kind of fancy one of the distressed antique finish examples with the brown grips.

Anyone fancy a swap? As the distressed antique finish examples are a fiver more at point of sale (see B.A.R's. wibbly.wobbly) because they take pellets in preference to BBS (although both are smooth bore), I'll make up the cash difference ... Mine is mint, as is the box, so would ideally be looking for a similar condition exchange? Thoughts please. Many thanks: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Evening all. As many of you may know I am a massive fan of the Schofield pistols, but a change is as good as a rest as they say? For I have one of the beautiful copper tinted nickel examples with the Ivory white grips, but now I kind of fancy one of the distressed antique finish examples with the brown grips.

Anyone fancy a swap? As the distressed antique finish examples are a fiver more at point of sale (see B.A.R's. wibbly.wobbly) because they take pellets in preference to BBS (although both are smooth bore), I'll make up the cash difference ... Mine is mint, as is the box, so would ideally be looking for a similar condition exchange? Thoughts please. Many thanks: G.
    Scrap that, as I'd miss me nickel one too much me thinks, so will just bite the bullet (did you see what I did there, lol ), and buy me a pellet-firing distressed antique finish Schofield, as an 'as well as' item to sit alongside my existing nickel example, as after all, when it comes to collecting, nothing exceeds quite like excess.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

nice solution Gareth, I have the distressed one I love it , but im having withdrawal symptons, mine is away with a friend whos making me some proper wooden grips for it.hope it comes back soon, I also have a blue colt saa45 ,I like it but not as much and the schofield3. enjoy yours my friend .

Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz1 View Post

nice solution Gareth, I have the distressed one I love it , but im having withdrawal symptons, mine is away with a friend whos making me some proper wooden grips for it.hope it comes back soon, I also have a blue colt saa45 ,I like it but not as much and the schofield3. enjoy yours my friend .
    Thanks and will do. I also have an SAA 45, which I also like very very much indeed, but as you and I both seem to agree, the Schofield is King and as I adore my copper/coffee tinted nickel BB example, keeping it and buying it a distressed antique finish stable mate is defo the way ahead. Atb: G.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Thanks and will do. I also have an SAA 45, which I also like very very much indeed, but as you and I both seem to agree, the Schofield is King and as I adore my copper/coffee tinted nickel BB example, keeping it and buying it a distressed antique finish stable mate is defo the way ahead. Atb: G.
    Could you post a pic of your nickel Schofield. All the pics I've seen of it show it to be the grey steel finish like the DW 715. Copper/Coffee nickel sounds so much nicer & could easily lead to a bit of wallet loosening.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Could you post a pic of your nickel Schofield. All the pics I've seen of it show it to be the grey steel finish like the DW 715. Copper/Coffee nickel sounds so much nicer & could easily lead to a bit of wallet loosening.
    It is far far FAR removed from being a grey steel, trust me my friend, it is a beautiful coffee/copper tinted deep shine nickel with slightly off white/ivory grips ... Will see what I can do photo-wise.

It is far far FAR removed from being a grey steel, trust me my friend, it is a beautiful coffee/copper tinted deep shine nickel with slightly off white/ivory grips ... Will see what I can do photo-wise.

Top man
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

I like Gareth’s lyricism but there isn’t much difference between the 715 finish and the Schofield.

That being said it is a great finish and I think the shiny Schofield is a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I like Gareth’s lyricism but there isn’t much difference between the 715 finish and the Schofield.

That being said it is a great finish and I think the shiny Schofield is a cracker.
    Yep, sort of agree with me learned colleague, but there is a defo copper/coffee antique tinge to the nickel Schofield which sets it apart from the more silvery hue of the Dan Wessons (both cracking finishes btw ) ...

Hopefully,in due course the 'regular' type pf nickel plated Schofield will arrive in the UK,too.

https://images.airgundepot.com/ay/ai...r-nickel-2.gif

Paul is talking about the 6 inch DW 715 which isn't silver but grey.
    Its very similar to the Schofield.
    And both AGS

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Hopefully,in due course the 'regular' type pf nickel plated Schofield will arrive in the UK,too.

https://images.airgundepot.com/ay/ai...r-nickel-2.gif
    That's a cracker, here's hoping
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55