Thread: Unbelievable quotes.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    You right there, The old iron mongers used to sell them loose and would scoop them up with a metal scoop, Quite often some would be in half or heads missing,
    I do think they had much lead filling inside of the head back then.as i said back then you could get away with a gun that was over power. Mine most probably blew the heads off as they went down the barrel. The milbro pellets were just as crap back then.only the webley specials put up with the power of that gun. Until the eley wasps came along.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I do think they had much lead filling inside of the head back then.as i said back then you could get away with a gun that was over power. Mine most probably blew the heads off as they went down the barrel. The milbro pellets were just as crap back then.only the webley specials put up with the power of that gun. Until the eley wasps came along.
    We always went for the bulldogs, I still see boxes of marksman for sale. Yes we used to as kids go into a shop then and buy shot gun cartridges. How's things have changed,

A bloke offered me a go on his air rifle, and suggested I should shoot it at some tiny pebbles that looked about 30 yards away.

me: Thanks, what's your aimpoint for those pebbles?

him: I have my scope queued in just right, so I can aim dead on for anything.

me: OK, that sounds good (), what's your zero range? ().

him: Every range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    A bloke offered me a go on his air rifle, and suggested I should shoot it at some tiny pebbles that looked about 30 yards away.

me: Thanks, what's your aimpoint for those pebbles?

him: I have my scope queued in just right, so I can aim dead on for anything.

me: OK, that sounds good (), what's your zero range? ().

him: Every range.

Funny that, the same bloke had an old BSA.. he'd dropped it in the road & smashed the scope cap onto the turret so hard you couldn't remove it without messing up his zero !!! Lol, the cap had collapsed and was turning the turret when you try to remove it.. I'd be worried about my zero from the fall rather than turning the turret!! the irony..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Not shooting related but knew a plum who would come up with the most boring kind of 'impressive lies' .... e.g. as a student at Hull University, he used to get a round-trip on 'the ferry across to Norway' for the free breakfast. I asked him if bacon and eggs were really worth a 36 hour journey back and forth across the North Sea; he muttered something inaudible.