Thread: Unbelievable quotes.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the other hand, when my uncle was a young man, just after WW1, working as a shop assistant, he met a guy in a pub and they started chatting and got on really well, especially as they both liked their booze and were very keen on horse racing and what they then called "the fairer sex". "I'm ex-King Manuel of Portugal, out for an incognito evening" said the stranger, "give me your address and I'll be in touch, I'm looking for a secretary and you'd be just the man". "That's a coincidence" said my uncle, "because I'm Kaiser Wilhelm in disguise, so I need new job right now" and gave the stranger his address, never expecting to hear from him again. Well, as you've probably guessed, the stranger was ex-King Manuel and my uncle became his secretary and drinking companion until 'Manny' died in 1932. And, yes, we do have the evidence!

So not all bullsh*t stories are actually bullsh*t. Although this story isn't completely true - my uncle wasn't Kaiser Wilhelm....

Alan

I once heard a guy tell a few gathered chaps that he ''once saw a flock of pigeons fly over his house, raced indoors, loaded up my shotgun, poked the barrels up the chimney, and shot 99 birds with both shots.''

Verbatim.

Idiot.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.