Thread: Expression age related marks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No my guns are not still in boxes and still no marks was brought up to look after what i have .Maybe those that knock them when getting out of cabinet cannot keep a still hand and perhaps should not be shooting anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    No my guns are not still in boxes and still no marks was brought up to look after what i have .Maybe those that knock them when getting out of cabinet cannot keep a still hand and perhaps should not be shooting anyway lol
    So none of your guns have a single blemish no signs of rubbing or polishing around the pivot point & breach, or thinning of the lacquer where the stock rubs your shoulder or your chin rubs the stock

Yes mine get marked, where they fit the grips on the quad, catch a branch walking through the woods, from rubbing when carried on the strap or whatever else, because they're tools that get taken out & used it doesn't make them abused or mistreated

It's like people telling me my Harley should be shiny...No it should be dirty from being ridden.

I remember a guy that I met via a trail bike forum who came out trail riding ( off road motorbikes) with us . He scratched his brand new motorbike on a tree branch riding in the woods and cried like a baby ( he actually cried ) .

If your don't want to get your gun ,bike or any other items marked or damaged then you must never take them out of the wrapping or buy them in the first place

I've got age related marks. Infact, some are probably signs of abuse
    Last edited by Jonjon79; 16-06-2018 at 08:22 PM.

All of the above.

Condition

Hi Mr Charley
    You still have not answered my question.
    How would you describe your guns if you were selling?
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

It always makes me smile when a seller describes a gun as "mint" except for.... and then goes on to list pitting/scratches/other wear. Mint is pristine, as new and indiscernible from a brand new out of the box gun.

John

Mint

AND with all original boxes and paperwork.
    Not many MINT items around at all.

I suspect the OPs guns after 30 years just have ----A FEW AGE RELATED MARKS
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I personally think age related marks is a misnomer - age does not mark things - put away, never used, in the right environment and a rifle will remain pristine. A better term would be 'use related marks' - just as people have said - use marks things but use is not the same as abuse...

Described as used but unmarked