Thread: Wanted to buy...Warrior piston washer......

Wanted to buy...Warrior piston washer......

or any suggestion re a reasonable facsimile........Trev

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I had a Warrior a very beat up old thing but it shot well. Being a concentric design there were two washers an internal one that went into the piston & sealed the barrel to piston plus the main outer one that sealed the piston to cylinder.
    The main leather seal was held on by a thick washer that was slipped down over a turned down portion of the piston that extended forwards, this was split into approx 6 segments & spread out to hold the outer washer in place.
    Of course dry firing would smack this into the end plug ferociously & two segments had actually snapped off in the past. Not sure how you would get a new main washer on there with out some serious engineering.

I am in the same boat, I have a .177 warrior which needs a seal (been in bits for months now). The original seal was ruined and turned into gunk. I asked around but not many people have ever taken one apart to see how it all works. Someone suggested a car break piston seal. Of course rubber wont last as long as leather but will be much easier to get over the piston. As for the other washer, well all I saw as a metal washer which I cant remember where it went.....

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I do not have one of these pistols and have never seen one in the flesh or a picture of one apart-----------but at a guess and from the previous posts, I would guess it is like a sidelever Tell 2,Acvoke, Hyscore sort of thing, having the barrel running through the centre of the piston? On the Tell 2 I made a piston washer and had to re pean over the boss on the piston after fitting. If you don't want to disturb the boss, it is possible if you make up a piston washer and soak it in water that you can fit it over the boss and then try to form the washer by squeezing it with your fingers or a jubilee clip and then get it into a piece of tube of a similar diameter to the cylinder. I actually managed to do this with both a Harrington Gat and a Milbro G10 that had a knackered washers--and it worked.
    I don't like to comment on things I don't really know about but as you are not having much luck, maybe a look at the piston and see if the above are options?
    If you get a better answer, I'll delete this.
    Leather is a very good material for some of these oldies for seals.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    The portion of piston that holds the warrors piston washer on is from memory around 3mm thick, you wont get a new seal on it without removing the steel washer on it. The front of the piston was hard steel.
    I did think the best way would be to cut of the broken bit that held the washer on then bore the piston right through. Then thread it for a new piston end threaded with a flange to hold the leather seal. This would have a hole bore through its centre for the barrel.
    I foolishly flogged my warrior to a member of my club a few years back. Might ask him if he will flog it me back!

The author of this article has very kindly donated it to remind us there are actually at least four different types of piston seal fixing on the Warrior. Although the article is nearly 25 years old, the information in it still seems to be pretty much the last word on the subject. Obviously any updates will be welcome.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ior/#post-3153
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.