Thread: Webley target launcher

Webley target launcher

Already made a thread in non air gun related but thought id try here to.

I recently bought one of the above. I found some .22 blanks that work (tried it outside and by heck it is loud) from Turner Richard.

Cant seem to find any cans that fit

Anyone know of any cans that fit nicely in this launcher? Would love to use it for target practice and training the new pup

Cheers

I've no tins that fit tight but most beer tins can be balanced on it vertically. However, be aware that when/if you buy replacement blank .22 cartridges, that some are nowhere near as powerful as the Turner Richard ones. The Turner Richard ones in my launcher will make a heck of a bang and compress the base of a beer tin so much that its height is reduced by nearly 50%. It chucks it vertically probably 50-75 ft. The Fiocchi ones I get struggle to get it to 20 ft but the tin is undamaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Already made a thread in non air gun related but thought id try here to.

I recently bought one of the above. I found some .22 blanks that work (tried it outside and by heck it is loud) from Turner Richard.

Cant seem to find any cans that fit

Anyone know of any cans that fit nicely in this launcher? Would love to use it for target practice and training the new pup

Cheers
    I think gingernut on here found some cans that fit when we were using his launcher for some fun moving targets.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Smaller sweetcorn cans from Sainsburys I think.
    Last edited by gingernut; 01-07-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Small Heinz soup cans will do the job as well.
    I made up a few suitable labels for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I've no tins that fit tight but most beer tins can be balanced on it vertically. However, be aware that when/if you buy replacement blank .22 cartridges, that some are nowhere near as powerful as the Turner Richard ones. The Turner Richard ones in my launcher will make a heck of a bang and compress the base of a beer tin so much that its height is reduced by nearly 50%. It chucks it vertically probably 50-75 ft. The Fiocchi ones I get struggle to get it to 20 ft but the tin is undamaged.
    I was given .22 blanks used for a humane killer for cattle. they have different power blanks . http://www.entwistleguns.com/humane-...er/ammunition/

They may fit the launchers too.
    Last edited by bighit; 02-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.