Thread: What is the best break-barrel springer available today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Thanks Mick and I much appreciate your concerns. Actually, I am still to make the final decision but the LGV seems compelling. I am deterred that HWs now seem to require tuning after purchase. I also prefer break-barrels (being a left hander) so this rules out Air Arms.

Yes, I agree with you about the trigger mechanism although with some of these - assuming they are not too bad - I think one can learn how to adapt to them (the FWB Sport being one of these, which certainly requires learning and adapting). I think, from recollection, that one of your favourite rifles is the Longbow. Having just bought a second hand 'minter' made in Birmingham (after reading so many good remarks about it on this site), I must say that I am most impressed with its trigger. It is also accurate at long ranges too, despite the fact that I only have a small 4x magnification on it.
    Hi Andrew
    I mentioned the Lgv earlier in the thread . It performs great straight out the box in .177 cal. I have most of the guns mentioned in various states of tune and all perform great. If you can get your self to the Boinger bash in September I will bring my Lgv along with me for you to have a play with. I think you already have one of the best handling and performing sub 12 ftbls air guns made, Webley's Longbow.
    Atb
    Les..

99s - 30s if you're man enough to own a medium power rifle...