Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
Thanks for that, Mick, and point accepted. I looked up the article where I obtained this information and it actually referred to the reduction of vibration, which is not quite the same thing although it does point to the engineering standards.

"With regards to the cocking rod, all contact points have guides made of synthetic material backed by compression springs. This ensures perfect contact with the piston when the rifle is cocked; with the idea being that any scraping and abrasion of metal parts along with associated noise, is all but eliminated. An articulated linkage allows for the slot cut into the stock to be smaller, thus the woodwork in this area is stronger.

Vibration Reduction System
The piston is mounted on low friction synthetic rings (in much the same way as the TX200) meaning it runs quietly with no metal-to-metal contact with the cylinder walls. In addition, Walther’s design ensures that the piston has no direct contact with the cocking rod, reducing further wear, friction, and noise.

The mainspring itself is made from specially tempered valve spring wire, and the inclusion of a full length spring guide all helps reduce vibration."

https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/...es/walther_lgv

I feel suitably chastised!

Best
A
Hi, I've also been informed by some owners that I know and shoot with, that the trigger is not the best, certainly not up to the standards of an HW Record or AA CD.
Again I understand that there are aftermarket units which can be fitted - some better than others - but here we go again on the round-a-bout of fettling an 'out of the box rifle' to get it 'right'.....

Cheers Steve