I have migrated from the collectors' section, to pose a question. What do readers think is the best modern springer available? I have a pleasing collection of older rifles but am again thinking of buying a modern example. I prefer break-barrels, not least because they can be de-cocked.

Apologies if this question has been posed before! It is the sort of question anyone might ask.

The only criteria are accuracy and performance between 11-12 ft/lb. Weight is not an issue. However, I would prefer to have open sights too but this is not a criterion in itself. I would do without. Weight is not really a factor either.

I suppose most people would say HW. But should it be a 95 or an 80 (these perhaps being the best examples from this manufacturer)? Is the modern 80 better than the modern 95?

What about Diana? They produce some good engineering. Everyone goes to HW but do they overlook Diana?

I am not keen on BSA or Webley since they started manufacturing in Spain and Turkey.

Preferably, I would like good performance from out of the box. The bother of sending it away somewhere to be tuned is not viewed with enthusiasm.

Many thanks in anticipation. I hope the conflicting views do not create too much controversy!