Thread: What is the best break-barrel springer available today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you, all, for your further thoughts on this, all most compelling.

I gather, referring to one post here, that the importer/agent for Walther is Armex. I am not aware that they are being changed.

I am inclined towards a break-barrel both because I am left handed and the loading mechanism is designed for right handers on most under-levers. Second, I like to de-cock the rifle in the field, if it is not to be fired. I appreciate the anti-bear device can be overridden on some makes of rifles.

I am inclined towards the Walther LGV, as a result of what I have read here. The only criticism I have read relates to the weight, although this has advantages too in terms of the recoil. However, it does seem that Walther has genuinely brought new technology into its design, in terms of the anti-recoil mechanism, which dampens the firing cycle. The rifle, it seems, is also extremely accurate.

Not least, I am not technically minded and prefer a rifle that shoots well out of the box. It seems that HWs have cut so many corners that tuning is now necessary to get the best from them but, when it comes to those such as me, who want a performer straight out of the box, this can only come at a cost to sales.

One is, of course, a little worried that Walther will try to cut corners to save on costs, in due course. Perhaps better to buy now rather than later! I shall see if I can inspect a rifle somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    However, it does seem that Walther has genuinely brought new technology into its design, in terms of the anti-recoil mechanism, which dampens the firing cycle.
    Unfortunately, there is no anti-recoil mechanism on a Walther LGV, and very little in the way of new technology either --- that all sounds very much like marketing bollocks to me, Andrew, so please don't get taken in by it.

All the best Mick