Thread: What is the best break-barrel springer available today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    depends what you want from it if you like tinkering don't buy the LGV

If it's .177 then the answer is simple.

The LGV.

And the underlever LGU is better than either the TX200, Prosport, HW97 or 77.

Some of you may not agree with me, but my opinion is based on having owned every one of them.

Yea, the trigger is crap compared to the AA or Rekord, but even with their crap triggers, the Walthers will outshoot both AA and Weihrauch.

Unbelievable though it may sound to some of you, Umarex actually managed to get it just right for the 12fpe market.

Sorry, but there it is.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    If it's .177 then the answer is simple.

The LGV.

And the underlever LGU is better than either the TX200, Prosport, HW97 or 77.

Some of you may not agree with me, but my opinion is based on having owned every one of them.

Yea, the trigger is crap compared to the AA or Rekord, but even with their crap triggers, the Walthers will outshoot both AA and Weihrauch.

Unbelievable though it may sound to some of you, Umarex actually managed to get it just right for the 12fpe market.

Sorry, but there it is.

Umarex has shown remarkable imagination entering the market relatively recently and ultimately so successfully with these models.I was initially sceptical of them,but now have all three,(LGV,LGU and Century)!

It would be nice to see AA show similar imagination and introduce a break barrel......,but I doubt they will!
    Last edited by mrto; 18-06-2018 at 08:36 AM.

AA is a much smaller outfit.

Umarex owns Walther and several other companies.

It's a big player with its fingers in many different pies.

I heard a rumour that Umarex Walther was going to use another UK importer. Is this true?
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 18-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Still the HW80 is hard to beat followed by the HW35E.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I've had most of the 80's springers, 40 plus.
    I sill like my FWB Sport, Original 45, and Webley Omega, which are all sporting weight break barrel rifles. HW have on thing that no one has ever matched: the Rekord Trigger. Its a fantastic trigger mechanism. However in the past their break barrels like the HW35E were heavy, the HW80 super heavy,.
    To tame a spring rifle then its should have smooth internals to start and that either from the factory or from tuning. Next, if you want the power then add weight to tame it as in a HW80. But at that weight then you may as well go fixed barrel. The best shooting spring powered rifles are fixed barrel heavy underlevers with great triggers. TX2000, LRU, or AA Prosport are all front runners with their followers. But wow are they heavy.

So we don't want to go there, we want a fast shooting break barrel thats accurate.

I'm not saying this is the best, but I ended up and delighted with a .177 HW95 Luxus, fully in house VMach tuned beauty. It was second hand but like new. Its fitted with a very bright parallax correct 6x40 Tasco scope. Fantastic trigger, quiet and smooth action, very much sporting light weight, and handles beautifully. Its also extremely accurate. It can do one 5 pellet hole at 25m.
    But it is a springer and being light weight will punish you target end is you faff about when shooting it. For some reason its quite cheek weld weight sensitive when benchrest bag shooting. Like all sporting springers they prefer being shot freehand and thats how I've set this one up. Its to shoot standing, fast for fleeting targets, at farmyard ranges. A joy to shoot. To me its a better FWB Sport or Omega, though at times still a little demanding. Heck, aren't they all?

my favourite b/b at the moment is my hw 95 .20 with a barrel from Rapidnick on here,
    thanks Nick it shoots great at just under 11fpe its very accurate , ,my 2nd fav b/b is my hw98 but in .22 cal it also shoots and handles well.
    atb brian