Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Original model 24 177

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laxey
    Posts
    49

    Original model 24 177

    Forgot I had this until I cleared my dads garage out
    A day ago has rear scope mounts for Diopter open sights shoots good
    177 can’t find much info on this model on google 100

    https://ibb.co/gsvW8T
    https://ibb.co/jCmGa8
    https://ibb.co/naN02o
    https://ibb.co/iokba8
    https://ibb.co/mZu2F8
    https://ibb.co/j0M4TT
    https://ibb.co/nFZ2F8
    https://ibb.co/dBtUv8
    https://ibb.co/nM3jTT
    https://ibb.co/hDAW8T



    Serial number pictures

    https://ibb.co/jGt0AJ
    https://ibb.co/cz9Jxy
    https://ibb.co/kND7ho
    Last edited by themariners; 13-06-2018 at 07:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cupar
    Posts
    727
    If it wasn't for the stamped model no. I'd never believe that was a 24. It doesn't resemble any Original 24 I've ever seen. Stock, sights, no safety, have me scratching my head a bit. My best guess is that this is a very rare 24 SH variant which was intended for shooting galleries. It's basic spec. seems to point to this.
    Good luck with the sale.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,081
    As a "Dodgy Diana User" (thank you, BBS), I have no idea at all what that is.

    The 24 is a mid-80s replacement for the 25 and 27, sharing base design with the 34. A number never used, I believe, before 1984.

    That's not that.

    The stock looks almost home-made. The rear sight looks pre-WW2.

    In addition, most post-WW2 German airgun stampings went "made in Germany" (early 50s), made in Germany west" (circa 1960), "made in west Germany" (mid-60s onward?).

    So you've stumped me. It's either incredibly rare and previously mostly unknown, or some kind of "bitsa". Maybe, indeed, a fairground rifle.

    Weird.

    And, no, I don't want it.

    Any date stamp on it, back on left side of the upper receiver, above the trigger group?

    Weird.

    Did I say weird?

    Weird.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cupar
    Posts
    727
    Date stamp in 5th photo states 03 8* . Last digit out of shot. The gun does look like a much older model somehow. Last edition of Walters book states 24SH had fixed sights and a sturdier than normal stock. He doesnt say any more on this variant.
    Looks like a forend groove is present : again, no other 24 variant has this.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laxey
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Date stamp in 5th photo states 03 8* . Last digit out of shot. The gun does look like a much older model somehow. Last edition of Walters book states 24SH had fixed sights and a sturdier than normal stock. He doesnt say any more on this variant.
    Looks like a forend groove is present : again, no other 24 variant has this.
    Well none of this surprises me the Isle of Man is weird

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laxey
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    If it wasn't for the stamped model no. I'd never believe that was a 24. It doesn't resemble any Original 24 I've ever seen. Stock, sights, no safety, have me scratching my head a bit. My best guess is that this is a very rare 24 SH variant which was intended for shooting galleries. It's basic spec. seems to point to this.
    Good luck with the sale.
    https://ibb.co/jGt0AJ
    https://ibb.co/cz9Jxy

    Serial number pictures

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laxey
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    As a "Dodgy Diana User" (thank you, BBS), I have no idea at all what that is.

    The 24 is a mid-80s replacement for the 25 and 27, sharing base design with the 34. A number never used, I believe, before 1984.

    That's not that.

    The stock looks almost home-made. The rear sight looks pre-WW2.

    In addition, most post-WW2 German airgun stampings went "made in Germany" (early 50s), made in Germany west" (circa 1960), "made in west Germany" (mid-60s onward?).

    So you've stumped me. It's either incredibly rare and previously mostly unknown, or some kind of "bitsa". Maybe, indeed, a fairground rifle.

    Serial number pictures in full

    https://ibb.co/jGt0AJ
    https://ibb.co/cz9Jxy






    Weird.

    And, no, I don't want it.

    Any date stamp on it, back on left side of the upper receiver, above the trigger group?

    Weird.

    Did I say weird?

    Weird.


    Serial number pictures
    https://ibb.co/jGt0AJ
    https://ibb.co/cz9Jxy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •