Thread: Looking for American classic airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for American classic airguns

Hi, lately I've fallen in love with American classic airguns.
    I am now looking for a Crosman 1400, and a Sheridan Super-Grade (dream on...).
    Sheridan Blue and Silver Streaks are always welcome too.
    Working or in need of attention.
    Who knows!
    Many thanks, Louis

Funny, I’m in the US and I am having a great time with my BSA Springers. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence. I have some classic American Pumpers but the early BSA’s are superior guns? Especially my BSA MK2 Airsporter, been shooting it a lot lately. The only pumper that would be comparable would probably be the Sheridan SuperGrade and at over $1200 I think it’s just way too expensive. Especially given the prices you can get BSAs and Webleys over there. Lol.
    Last edited by 45flint; 10-06-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Louis, are you back in the UK or in Netherlands ? You may be interested in my friends Sheridan 50th Anniversary C9PB. It is complete with original papers and special bag, he bought it new in the U.S when they came out. and has only fired half a dozen shots. These are a very nicely finished rifle, think they only produced a limited number of them in a polished brass finish which does not seem to tarnish.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 10-06-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    You may be interested in my friends Sheridan 50th Anniversary C9PB. It is complete with original papers and special bag, he bought in new in the U.S. and has only fired half a dozen shots. These are a very nicely finished rifle, think they only produced about 600 of them in a polished brass finish which does not seem to tarnish.

Baz
    Is that the one with the 50th anniversary medallion in the stock?
    If I remember rightly Baker Airguns had a nice boxed example for sale not so long ago -- alas in the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Is that the one with the 50th anniversary medallion in the stock?
    If I remember rightly Baker Airguns had a nice boxed example for sale not so long ago -- alas in the USA!
    That's the one, pretty rifle.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Yes, a really pretty little rifle and, I would think, a good collectors item. The one at Bakers was I think just shy of $400 plus shipping costs etc. and all the other irritating factors associated with importing an airgun to the UK.
    Just had a quick look at Bakers Airguns and he has some cracking looking guns for sale -- a couple of lovely looking Sears Roebuck versions of the Crosman 180 for instance, a few Blue Streaks and a cool nickel plated Sheridan C9.