Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
Baker Airguns - wow, I have just been drooling over the Crosman and Sheridan vintage airguns on the website.

@45flint, I agree with you, BSA's are great. They are my main interest. However it is very interesting and mind broadening to "discover" the American designs now. I bought a Blue Streak a few weeks ago, from 1984, and I find it a lovely airgun. Well made, easy to use, light, beautiful. I think it has the "cool factor" too. For me, variety is the spice of life, and reading BB Pelletier's reports on Pyramid Air, getting in touch with UJ Backus, buying a Town & Country from a collector in Pennsylvania - it also teaches me a lot about American history, culture and art. I'd love to visit the US soon (not only for airguns haha).

@Baz, thank you for your tip. I am in Amsterdam now, but I visit England about three times a year for a couple of weeks to work in Suffolk and to collect the airguns that I've bought. Yes the Sheridan sounds interesting.

@AllanM, yes it is irritating, the whole import affair. I am doing that now with a Crosman Town & Country 108. Via a company called Airgun Exporter. I think it will work. Many friends have done it, with success. It is somewhat expensive, but for that Town & Country, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Cheers, Louis
I am still wondering if your T&C 108 is not the only one ever stocked in elm? Or at least the only one known? I challenge anyone to find a pic of another one.