Thread: Paratrooper trigger

Paratrooper trigger

Got a paratrooper repeater with a very heavy trigger. I know the repeater bit wwont effect the weight of the trigger pull but wondered if this was the norm. I can't measure the actual weight it releases at but it feels like a carrier bag full of groceries cutting into your finger after a few shots. I'm guessing it's somewhere around 10-15 lb. So, appart from a trigger shoe is there much that can be done without risking ad?everything in there looks ok, its clean, no damage thats visible. Is it just the design of the mechanism or has someone got an idea on how to get down to half of what it is. Never had a go with one of these before so I don't have anything to compare it with. I can hone & polish but if it's not going to make much difference because of the design then there's not much point. Any ideas please? I understand the trigger weight isn't adjustable but pull length etc is, is this right?

pretty sure you can adjust that trigger.i had the same problem with the thin blade cutting into my finger,sold it recently so can't check but iirc there is screw in front or behind the trigger.certainly i adjusted mine and much better for it. ATB

Yes Rod, there are two adjustment screws under the trigger. I have also reshaped the sear unit as they tend to wear easily.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Right, step 1 screwdrivers, step 2 whetstones, thanks

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I think the most common trigger type has 3 screws at the back of the trigger guard. The centre one is a lock screw that pushes on a little piece of bent steel and locks the other two screws in place. You have to undo this screw before adjusting the other 2 screws.
    Paratroopers are often oversprung and a softer spring or a few coils off the one you have should give a better trigger and extend the life of the sear.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I think the most common trigger type has 3 screws at the back of the trigger guard. The centre one is a lock screw that pushes on a little piece of bent steel and locks the other two screws in place. You have to undo this screw before adjusting the other 2 screws.
    Paratroopers are often oversprung and a softer spring or a few coils off the one you have should give a better trigger and extend the life of the sear.
    That sounds worth a try too, cheers