I prefer the Moonlighter to the Super Moonlighter.

Optima ran this range from about 1982 to 19992?? There were several changes made over the years including the glass and coatings used. And then there was the BDC.
The quality never really got better, and probably dropped a bit by the end. They were pretty dated compared to the competition by the 90's.
Build quality was reasonable. The BDC mechanics just about usable, though can wear badly. So much so I don't use the system on mine as I don't trust them to track properly and not to to stick (the old tap the scope routine to ensure a shift).
The PA ones are only just good enough to the point I set mine to expected range and leave having zeroes to that point.

The above are nothing unexpected from scopes of that price range and build quality of its day. They weren't Leupolds. Even modern scopes, especially bargain bucket ones, can have the same issues.

I like the fixed focused Optima examples, though these may need reparallaxing as they don't all come from the factory set for Air Rifle ranges. Wind the front lens out a turn or so using a scope rubber or custom ring wrench (cut down metal ruler). When set correctly they can give an excellent sight picture at all magnifications.
I have three Optimas in my 80's classic collection. A 4x40 on my FWB Sport which is one of my favourite combinations of all time. And two Moonlighters. One for everyday use, and one still mint in box.
Moonlighter prices: a very clean example 80's example then £150 wouldn't be robbing anyone. My mint I wouldn't part for less than £250 being that rare. 90's ones then take 15% 0ff; its because the final bunch just lost something somewhere along the line???? My gut feeling.

John Darling on his custom HW80 .22 used a Super Moonlighter. Just for that fact then start price for a tidy example should be £150 easy. Name your price for a mint one if an 80's version; £200 for a 90's.
An Optima with Apel Mounts and no crimps is very classy combo for a classic. Sportsmatch mounts just aren't the same but may have to suffice.

Finally, optically they aren't that special considering the hype. When first offered then the hype might have been warranted but not later. My modern scopes really can show them up now. But to me a classic 80's rifle should have 80's glass.