Thread: Umarex Pistol Servicing

Umarex Pistol Servicing

Hi All,

I have recently found my old Umarex Pistols( CP88 Competition, CP99 and 92FS).

They have been sat in a cupboard for 6/7 years.

What kind of servicing would you recommend before i start shooting them again?

Thanks

Simon

If they work -none

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    If they work -none
    What that man said .

Though it might be advisable to put a couple of drops of Pellgunoil on the main seal and top of the first CO2 canister you use.

That’s great, thanks for your help

These pistols just keep on going, and if they worked fine before probably no action required. If you find that the slide release catch is stiff/problematic, remove the slide (easy job) and put a smear of grease on the vertical plates that lock the slide; that will transform one that is problematic.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

The most number of repairs I get on these pistols is the bending of the pressure plate because owners over tighten the brass nut before closing the lever. When the pressure plate gets slightly bent it "over cams" and drops the capsule nozzle back a few thou off the seal and the gas leaks. Immediately they think the seal is worn which it isn't. I just re-bend the Zamak casting and try to re-educate the user.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The most number of repairs I get on these pistols is the bending of the pressure plate because owners over tighten the brass nut before closing the lever. When the pressure plate gets slightly bent it "over cams" and drops the capsule nozzle back a few thou off the seal and the gas leaks. Immediately they think the seal is worn which it isn't. I just re-bend the Zamak casting and try to re-educate the user.

Baz
    Out of interest, which part gets bent, the bear metal one (with the brass screw in it) or the black coated lever that presses on that? I just noticed that black lever on the CP88 is less substantial than the 92fs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Out of interest, which part gets bent, the bear metal one (with the brass screw in it) or the black coated lever that presses on that? I just noticed that black lever on the CP88 is less substantial than the 92fs.
    The one with the brass screw in, it deforms and causes the brass screw to bind If you try to straighten it you'll more than likely snap it so just remove the brass screw and grind a bit of the casting away to allow the screw to come out fully. You can get get away with that a couple of times then you'll need a new pusher plate.
    You want it fixed when??!

I have never snapped one when reforming over the last 8 years I have been doing these. You must slightly warm the metal in the area affected before re-straightening, I find it to be a quick and easy fix, as long as you are capable to strip these pistols and re-assemble them. I can't see how grinding the brass screw will stop the pressure plate falling back when closing.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 13-06-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the replies, most informative. That plate looks quite hefty (although it is an alloy), it must suffer some abuse by those using the gorilla technique. I have seen vids on YouTube where folk close the lever by pressing it on a table (with their whole body weight)....seems OTT to punchure the thin metal on the neck of the CO2 bulb

The brass screw should be tightened up just enough to hold the capsule still.
    It’s the base lever that does the piercing.

Baz has reformed a few bent ones for me - Berettas and Smiths.
    They then work well.
    All second hand!

I believe the Berettas are a pain to do as one side of the grip area is solid metal so the gun has to be dismantled.