Thread: Why not gas-rams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’ve owned an AR8 Blaser .22 (350 Ntec) for a year. This is the Pro version. Short barrel and heavy muzzle weight. Suits me fine as I normally shoot a 48 Black Pro. Weight balance is similar, although totally different stock styles.
    My answers to your statement.

- barrel droop; No.
    - potential scope creep; Four stud one piece mount used with a Hawke Panorama sitting in it. No creep.
    - snappy; Yes/No. Stand a pellet on the scope turret and it’s still there after firing. So can’t be that bad.
    - very light trigger; Yes.
    - best groups of around 10-15mm at 25/30 yards/metres. Even at 18 ft-lbs in .177". Will stack .22’s at this distance at 12fpe.

I typed shot cycle harsh above. It's fast and snappy ... but I was okay with that. I run my springers like that with Venom/V-Mach kits in. I prefer that to the slow n soft cycle. Accuracy was good when you learned to handle the fast and snappy shot cycle and the not so great trigger. The only thing that drove me bonkers ( hence it went ) was the affect the cold had on the muzzle velocity in winters.

I could take it out of the car and group 5p sizes at say 40 yards. Then keep shooting and watch each pellet start landing lower and lower and lower. This was in close to zero temps. I tried leaving it out for 20 mins but it just kept dropping. I proved it on the Chrony ... sat outside in the cold and put pellets over the chrono and the MV just kept going down and down and down. So, as a winter shooter, useless to me.

To be fair ... I've had similar happen with the HW77s at those temps ... but the opposite direction ... colder = higher MV.