Thread: Theoben evolution

Theoben evolution

Hi all,I am going to attempt a strip and clean of my theoben evo he,and would ask if there are any tricky stages that I should be aware of ? On looking around the cocking arm there seems to be quite a lot of black/ grey gunky grease which needs to go,so what would lube would I need ,how much and where to/not to put it please .All info and tips greatly welcomed .Mike

Whatever you do don't even break the barrel with the action out of the stock as you will more than likely shear off the edges of the cocking button which sits at the end of the cocking lever in the cylinder!

Theoben should have made a bracket for the lever to run in,but didn't I found this out to my cost!

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Hi all,I am going to attempt a strip and clean of my theoben evo he,and would ask if there are any tricky stages that I should be aware of ? On looking around the cocking arm there seems to be quite a lot of black/ grey gunky grease which needs to go,so what would lube would I need ,how much and where to/not to put it please .All info and tips greatly welcomed .Mike
    You might find this guide useful.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....tripdown-guide

Some lube will be needed on the cocking foot but none wanted forward of the seal.

Be careful not to damage any seals in the process. If I remember rightly (couple of years since I wrote that stripdown guide) trigger sear needs dropping / depressing to get the piston out
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks for that guys,I’ve ordered new seals so will be ok if needed,also have you any idea of the rough year of the gun ? Serial no.TB 18507 .

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Whatever you do don't even break the barrel with the action out of the stock as you will more than likely shear off the edges of the cocking button which sits at the end of the cocking lever in the cylinder!

Theoben should have made a bracket for the lever to run in,but didn't I found this out to my cost!
    I glued a metal strip into the stock for the cocking lever to run on. It's an improvement, but it still doesn't allow for cocking the gun out of the stock of course.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Thanks for that guys,I’ve ordered new seals so will be ok if needed,also have you any idea of the rough year of the gun ? Serial no.TB 18507 .
    Mine is 16XXX and I was told it was roughly 2003 or so. That's the year it was bought used by the guy I got it off.