Thread: Vortek seals

Vortek seals

Morning all.
    Has anyone got some experience (results/outcomes) of fitting Vortek seals? I'm particularly interested where this has been done to upgrade from leather in guns such as Dianas, BSFs perhaps HWs etc?
    Also is there a supplier over here in Blighty?
    Cheers
    Dave

secretagentmole Guest
    https://agrtuning.com

Yes there is, used their seals in 2 x 95s and a mk 1 77, superb results ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    https://agrtuning.com

Yes there is, used their seals in 2 x 95s and a mk 1 77, superb results ensued.
    Thanks fella,
    I will give agr a tinkle and see if he's doing these seals as he doesn't list them on his site. They appear cheap enough on the American site, hope they not increased by too.much over here. They appear good value...
    Thanks again.
    Dave

I will be interested to know the result.

I recall reading a discussion on the 'Collecting' section of this forum and a number of problems were raised with regards to replacing leather seals, although I forget what they were. It does, possibly, have the ability to upset the internal mechanics/balance. Perhaps it would be worth sounding out the experts there!

I did a conversion in my old .22 Meteor using a 25mm piston head conversion kit from Vortek, the seal is quite a hard plastic material (compared to the softer Weihrach seals) and required sizing down for a smooth fit.
    It worked very well giving a longer stroke (+4.5mm) and pushed it up to 10.5ftlbs but you needed a tractor to pull the trigger so I made a few other mods & fitted a Tinbum TopHat and it's now running at 8.7ftlbs, quite smooth with low recoil.

Atb
    Rog