Thread: Mag (design?) defects in BSA Ultra

Mag (design?) defects in BSA Ultra

Another (.22) mag has split (the rotary plastic part). Nothing wrong with the probe. Does everyone have this problem? Are better quality (aftermarket?) mags available?
    Thanks

Have a look at Pneumatic Ballistics. Their standard mag is the same price as BSA but are much better made. Plus they do a double mag version too.

essentially the 5th? 6th? 7th? generation of the Superten mag?
    Doesn't surprise me that there is yet another inherent design issue I've had nine S10 mags over the years, God forbid if I was looking to replace another I'd go for a Pneumatic Ballistics.

secretagentmole Guest
    I have never had a problem with the BSA magazines, but my guns have been set up so that the magazine aligns with the barrel. One of the things Bowkett makes much about on a blueprint tune...

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    I have never had a problem with the BSA magazines, but my guns have been set up so that the magazine aligns with the barrel. One of the things Bowkett makes much about on a blueprint tune...
    This is essential with all magazine fed air rifles and not just the BSA. I make sure that when I do work on my HW 100, the two parts of the action and the probe are aligned to each other before tightening the bolts gradually.

A.G

Thanks guys- just bought the PB mag as recommended. It’s aluminium not plastic so should be just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    Thanks guys- just bought the PB mag as recommended. It’s aluminium not plastic so should be just the ticket.
    It would be handy to know how you get on. I have never been confident in the one supplied with my Ultra, the pellets that are say number 1,2,3 seem to align well but beyond that there is a definate centreing issue, so much so that I bought a single shot version which kind of defeats the purpose of the gun.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread in the hope that JMH123 might update his findings, thanks.