Thread: Artemis m16a or walther rotex rm8

Artemis m16a or walther rotex rm8

Hi, i am thinking of getting a PCP and have seen the artemis m16a and would like some advice on what people think of them, also i have seen the walther rotex rm8, what are you thought on that also, many thanks
    Air Arms S410 classic .177

Bsa Ultra .22

Not seen the artemis but have handled the RM8. Heavy and really long when silencer fitted so bear that in mind.

Make sure you handle both before shelling out on either.

In reality I'm no fan of "rapidalikes" and my money would go on a single shot ultra in that price bracket. In my mind better quality and a tried and tested platform.
    B.A.S.C. member

Ive just bought a walther rotex rm8,it is heavy ish but i like it,232 max fill but i go just over 200 not sure about shot count as i aint had it long supposed to be 180 shots 232 fill,its accurate aswell,at the min just finding out what pellets it likes.but yes nice gun going keep mine.that other gun your mention tony wall of sandfield sports (wolverhampton) recomened i buy 1 but i went with the rm8.you can buy a single shot tray if ya dont like 8 shot,i bought a single shot tray to tighten up accuracy,it only came 2 days ago so cant comment as yet.id go for the rm8

I've owned a rm8 can't say I overly liked it, slight movement around the bottle area and was same on a mates, though it was accurate. I'd prefer a Artemis as they are very well made and accurate

secretagentmole Guest
    Can I tempt you with something for a few quid more?

http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/hortitsia-pcp-rifle/

How about a gun you can never over fill with a 300 bar cylinder? (max working pressure is 300 bar).
    One with anti double load?
    One with a nice crisp 2 stage trigger and walnut stock?
    One which is accurate.
    One with 2 magazines.
    One with 2 fill probes (one that is threaded and one that is quick change)
    One with a nice hard case

Yours for £480, a Zbroia Hortista.

http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/hortitsia-pcp-rifle/

My two pennies worth, I have a RM8 black standard stock, bought it for about £225 ish. Not used the Atermis M16a but here's some thought on it...

https://www./community/index.php?thr...ntment.235873/

In contrast my RM8 is just incredible, I dont know if mine was one of the odd ones but it's as accurate as my Rapid Mfr, blue printed bsa scorpion and FX Wikdcat. All of which take pennies at 45 yards all day long, but the RM8 is a fraction of the price of the others.

Accuracy just blew me away, loads of shots per fill and the action is really solid, no jams and smooth cycle. A superb rifle for the money, I'd often prefer to shoot it over the others.

Silencer isnt great but tuneable, or put a hw one one and that fixes it. I put a larger bolt handle on mine and its just superb. One of the last rifles I'd ever get rid of. Easy filling and a pressure guage too in a sensible possition, why fx thought it a good idea to stick it under the barrel is beyond me.

I may have just have got one of the good ones, but it is outstanding.

Defiantly, try before you buy if you can. All airguns have positive and negative reviews, mine is clearly positive but that's because it's a very good one.

Good luck, I know which I'd buy.

Atb
    Last edited by kash2001; 16-06-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Hi I have a walther rm8 in 0,22 and love it as for long silencer mine is the reflx type so you can have it long or short, there wasn't any baffles in mine so I have made my own hair curler type it is really quite now, I love the rm8 no trouble has seen off lots of mr Rat so well pleased.
    That would be my choice but I see a lot of people hate it for some reason.
    All the best Graham.