Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
For anyone interested in the Independence mine has finally arrived, not had chance to put some lead downrange yet but I’ve had a good poke around and here’s my impression so far;
Thanks TomD

Hope you enjoy your independence, there is nothing else quite like them. Interesting to note the .177 takes no more pumping than the .22, which also is pretty much exactly one shot per pump,
I may now go ahead with a calibre change with mine (I did make inquiries before about getting a .177 barrel for it, and got sticker shock, £200+ if I remember).

The pumping force seems very reasonable to me, on one occasion I measured 20lbs, on another 24 lbs (not sure what changed). This is less than most sub 12 springers!

The trigger on mine was set at around 1lb right out of the box, and I have never felt the need to adjust it.
The trigger design on these FX guns is very ingenious, and I was stumped for a while as it looks like a single stage setup (in fact it basically is).
However the apparent second stage is provided by a special set screw that has a spring-loaded ball bearing built in!
Also the sear is so small you need a magnifying glass to get a good look at it! Everything about these guns has been thought out to the Nth degree it seems

Anyway good luck, it would be great to hear some consistency/accuracy results

BB