Thread: Why I am Beginning To Change My Mind About Sub12 Hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I think that you are the only person who grasped what I was trying to convey. Thanks. Shoot a rabbit or a squirrel in the head/brain with a .22 sub 12 and see it kick and kick and kick ( yes sometimes not ). Shoot them with a .22 FAC or a .22 LR and just watch them drop without as much as a twitch. I think the case is very clear. Anyhow we all have to make our own judgements.

A.G
    This past week I've shot 9 squizzers & 2 rats off the bird feeders, all from the same window at between 15-17yds all with the .25 FAC.

Yes most of them dropped like a stone, but 2 of the squizzers leapt & flailed around for several seconds, on checking the bodies, both head shots had huge exit wounds with most of the skull missing between ear & eye
    no way on earth they were not instant kills but for some reason they went "headless chicken" Sometimes it just happens.

http://sciencenordic.com/why-do-headless-chickens-run

Why a turtle can swim without a head
    To understand Lindén’s research, we’ll go back to the chicken and the turtle:

The turtle frequently uses swimming movements, so it makes sense for it to have a neural network in the spinal cord pre-programmed to perform swimming movements when the nerve cells are stimulated.

This means that the nerve cells do not need specific signals from the brain to prompt a coordinated activation of the muscles required to perform a swimming stroke.

The turtle’s spine is a bit like the human brain in certain respects, but it is a much easier organ to work with. This makes it a good model for the nervous system and for nerve cells in general.
    As long as the neural network is generally stimulated for movement, it is already pre-programmed to activate some specific muscles to perform the swimming strokes in coordination.

This makes it much simpler and easier for the brain to send movement impulses down the spinal cord.

End quote

If a Rabbit has running or jumping movements pre programmed in its neural network and the brain is stopping it running and jumping , when it has no brain there is nothing to stop the pre programmed movements . so they jump and "run" when the brain is destroyed