Thread: Why I am Beginning To Change My Mind About Sub12 Hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JME is offline $20 happy endings a speciality
    I stopped hunting a few years back now, I’ve tried .22, HMR and FAC Air (under supervision of a ticket holder) but my own hunting was always sub 12ft lb air mainly PCP but also with springers.

I’m not bullshitting here (and I may have been lucky rather than skilful) but I never had a runner during my hunting days. I didn’t take a shot many times as I didn’t feel 100% and I’ve clean missed the rabbit a few times, but I’ve never hit a rabbit and wounded it. 99% was .177 the rest .22.

In my very limited experience if I stayed within my limitations / ability and didn’t take chances where the odds were against me then sub 12ftlbs was enough to produce a clean and humane kill.

I struggle now with shooting and fishing in terms of ethics, so go cycling instead

Each to their own Jamie, i struggle to see how hunting for food can be deemed unethical, unless of course it's carried out by some of the total spoons we've had on the long range hunting threads.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us